97 Rock and Roll 500

9 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Maybe I'm just holding a grudge, but anybody from Buffalo who still supports Bon Jovi should pack their bags and leave. And I agree on the Journey part. I was surprised to read that Journey was actually a spinoff group from a few guys who were in Santana.

Yes...Neil Schon and Gregg Rollie That debut album was a radical departure from their later top 40 sound. After the Infinity album...they had a more pop sound.

Speaking of Santana. He put on a show at Shea's in the summer of 81. One of the best performances that I ever witnessed.

Edited by Rocket94

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't think he sees owning an NFL team as a hobby or something fun to do.  It's apparent that he's wanted to do this for quite some time.  Teams don't go up for sale very often and I will never begrudge him for chasing his dream.

Not everyone has billions of dollars laying around to just buy a team.  He had to become part of the ownership group that was willing to work with him.  If he thought that an NFL team in Toronto was going to be a sound investment, and this was the opportunity that presented itself, then I have zero issue with anything he did.

Andre had the right words for Bon Jovi.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:32 PM, dhg said:

Agree 100%. You can set your watch by the same songs that they play every day. 

Funny how many listeners of album rock stations mocked older people for being rigid in their tastes back in the day.  The album rock station WCMF in Rochester, NY years ago used to be compared to a Roman Catholic Mass years ago.  10:33AM.  Must be time for the Lord's prayer.....err Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light."

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

10:33AM.  Must be time for the Lord's prayer.....err Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light."

Ha!  At St. Al’s, we had a priest doing the gymnasium Mass that had you dismissed by 10:33.  Meanwhile, over in the church, Father Dodder was still doing a shine on the Chalice.  (No, that is not a euphemism for something else...?)

What a ridiculous list - I would never list to probably 80-90% of the music on that list, nor most of the bands.

A list of the 500 greatest rock ‘n roll hits, with no Janice Joplin, no Joe Cocker, no Little Richard, no Alvin Lee/ Ten Years After?  No Humble Pie, no Devo?

Greatest Lynyrd Skynard song IMO, is ‘Call Me The Breeze, greatest Zepplin might be ‘Been a Long Time Since I Rock and Rolled’, greatest Stones hit is something off of Sticky Fingers or Exiled on Main Street, Springsteen’s ‘Rosalita’ probably belongs on the list...

I could go on and on.

JMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Greatest Lynyrd Skynard song IMO, is ‘Call Me The Breeze, greatest Zepplin might be ‘Been a Long Time Since I Rock and Rolled’, greatest Stones hit is something off of Sticky Fingers or Exiled on Main Street, Springsteen’s ‘Rosalita’ probably belongs on the list.

Rock and Roll or Over the Hills and Far Away by Zep.............I still say Satisfaction is the greatest Stones song.  It may be the greatest rock song.  But, I would play Rocks Off, the opener of Exile before I played it..........Rosie belongs on the list easily!  

• Like (+1) 1