With the signing of another OL

This is a great pickup.....although we have not signed any premiere players....I believe that it is players like this that can take us over the hump.....any ideas on what our OL will be in 2005.....my suggestion:

LT: Mike Gandy

LG: Ben Anderson

C: Trey Teague

RG: Chris Villarrial

RT: Mike Williams

Sounds good to me!

by the way...anyone notice this on buffalobills.com:

97 Bannan, Justin G 6-3 305 25 3 Colorado

Bannan at Guard???? hmmmmm.....what do you think?

This is a great pickup.....although we have not signed any premiere players....I believe that it is players like this that can take us over the hump.....any ideas on what our OL will be in 2005.....my suggestion:

LT: Mike Gandy

LG: Ben Anderson

C: Trey Teague

RG: Chris Villarrial

RT: Mike Williams

Sounds good to me!

by the way...anyone notice this on buffalobills.com:

97 Bannan, Justin G 6-3 305 25 3 Colorado

Bannan at Guard???? hmmmmm.....what do you think?

292850[/snapback]

Replace Gandy with Shelton, and you have a winner!

LT-Teague

LG-Anderson

C-Tucker/Draft pick

RG-Villarrial

RT-Williams

I like the potential of this line when run blocking, pass blocking worries me.

Especially with Teague at LT, but I think thats the direction TBD will go in as I don't see the Shelton deal getting done now.

292878[/snapback]

That's what it probably is, at present. I also agree with your comments. Teague at LT would be my only concern. Losman does like to roll to the right side, which can only help. Plus he can actually sense a pass rush.

My thought is stick Peters next to Mike Williams as a TE/Tackle eligible. Run and run some more. Don't forget Shelton/Lawton as good blocking FB's , leading the way.

LT-Teague

LG-Anderson

C-Tucker/Draft pick

RG-Villarrial

RT-Williams

Especially with Teague at LT, but I think thats the direction TBD will go in as I don't see the Shelton deal getting done now.

292878[/snapback]

Replace Tucker with Spencer or Bass. We will find a way to get 1 of them.

IMHO ...... the signing of Anderson signals to me that TD has waivered on his Travis for Shelton + a trade of 2nds. I think that TD wanted to move up in the second to ensure a quality O-lineman pick in the draft to fill the LG spot. I think we still end up with a trade with the cards, but it will be a Travis for Shelton "straight up" ...... therefore our line will be .......... drumroll please .......

RT - Williams

RG - Villarrial

C - Teague

LG - Anderson

LT - Shelton

I must confess, I'm not enough of an "expert" to really know the skill levels of Anderson and Shelton, but by the reactions to the names on this board it looks like a line we could do some damage with.

We still need a monster center. I think I heard somewhere that Tray Teague was not concidered a good left tackle at Denver. Any comments?

292942[/snapback]

I've never been a Teague fan ..... however he did do quite well last year, and I do believe there is something to be said for continuity along the line ...... this year we are forced to replace the LT and LG ..... since Teague did well last year .... (unless somebody beats him out in training camp/preseason) ..... I say he's our starting center. I'd HATE to see him shifted to LT and bring in a new center.

LT-Teague

LG-Anderson

C-Tucker/Draft pick

RG-Villarrial

RT-Williams

292878[/snapback]

Just thinking that Shelton might not be a Bill, is it possible that the line might look like this:

LT: Williams

LG: Anderson

C: Teague

RG: Villarrial

RT: Gandy

Even if the Bills do get Shelton, is it possible that the Bills possibly trade Williams and his huge contract to get into the 1st round and even add a 2nd too? Since we never can really figure out what TD is up to, I guess any thoughts like this are possible.

Even if the Bills do get Shelton, is it possible that the Bills possibly trade Williams and his huge contract to get into the 1st round and even add a 2nd too? Since we never can really figure out what TD is up to, I guess any thoughts like this are possible.

293000[/snapback]

I guess anything is possible. But the only way this scenario would play out (IMO) is if the Shelton/Henry swap goes down before draft day. Otherwise they would have to try to swing two monster deals (Shelton/Henry plus MW and picks) in a limited time frame to get the player they want in Round 1.

But hey, anything is possible.

I definitely think that the Shelton for Henry trade will get done, but I still see the Bills taking an O-Lineman with our 2nd rounder. To me, a stud Center like Chris Spencer would be an ideal fit in our offense. Let him battle it out with Teague in camp, and if he cant beat him out then at the very worst we have even more depth to our O-Line.

IMHO ...... the signing of Anderson signals to me that TD has waivered on his Travis for Shelton + a trade of 2nds. I think that TD wanted to move up in the second to ensure a quality O-lineman pick in the draft to fill the LG spot. I think we still end up with a trade with the cards, but it will be a Travis for Shelton "straight up" ...... therefore our line will be .......... drumroll please .......

292923[/snapback]

I think we will still select a starting CENTER from the draft on the 1st day.

I think there is a fair chance Tucker ends up starting at center. That would give Buffalo an interior line that weiighs a full half ton. That's a lot of beef. If that happens, Teague will move into the mix at LT. He was not a stellar tackle at Denver, and has now been at center for a few years. He would struggle for at least a while starting at LT. I think TD is still expecting to snag Shelton, but if he doesn't get him the Bills will be hoping that one of the players in the mix at LT will really step up. I'd rather not be relying on "ifs" at LT

LT-Teague

LG-Anderson

C-Tucker/Draft pick

RG-Villarrial

RT-Williams

292878[/snapback]

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I think with JP's ability to scramble we should be OK.

I am not sold on Shelton. The guy has pretty much been a bust. McNally is a great coach, but you can only coach so much.

I think we will still select a starting CENTER from the draft on the 1st day.

293027[/snapback]

I hope so ..... like I said in a previous post, I've never been a big Teague fan. The point I was trying to make was that with the signing of Anderson moving UP in the draft to fill a hole with a premire O-lineman isn't as important anymore ..... but filling the LT spot is ...........

IMHO ...... we keep our second round spot, and if one of the premire lineman is available we snatch him up ....... if not ..... we go with another area of need.

Bottom line is, if in fact the swap of second rounders was the "deal breaker" in the Henry trade, it is now less important for us because of the Anderson aquisisition, so the trade may in fact go through player for player.

The Shelton/Henry trade most likely will happen and with the signing of BWilliams that will free up Buffalo to get the draft our differencemaker in the 2nd Round.

Mike Nugent, K, Ohio State.  :doh:

Laces out Lindell... :devil:

293323[/snapback]

Now you're dreaming...

But....

Can I join you on that dream... please?

Now you're dreaming...

But....

Can I join you on that dream... please?

293378[/snapback]

Actually, w/ the Shelton trade (if happens) and signing of BWilliams we will have a usable OL with no gaping holes, which is what everyone is so worried about around here.

Therefore, I would think the pick turns into a 'best available player' pick and IMO Nugent could be the BAP at that point in the draft.