DCOrange’s First Round Mock

DCOrange

Not that I'm anyone special, but I put together a mock each year where I try to guess where the trades will be and everything and have published my final mock for this season here:

https://draftqbs.wordpress.com/2019-mock-draft/

It doesn't include my rationale in the post itself, but I'd be happy to explain any choices that you might have questions about.

Edit: May need to make alterations with the Montez Sweat news. Still reading up on it to figure out if it's really believable or just smoke on draft day.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I like the Rock Ya Sin to Pittsburgh pick. I think he will be the first CB taken in the draft not Greedy Williams. This is a weak CB class and think most of these guys will be taken in the 20s.

I agree that it’s a relatively disappointing class. Just think teams will reach on corners as they tend to do.

I personally like Byron Murphy, especially as a team fit in Buffalo, but I couldn’t really find a good landing spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I agree that it’s a relatively disappointing class. Just think teams will reach on corners as they tend to do.

I personally like Byron Murphy, especially as a team fit in Buffalo, but I couldn’t really find a good landing spot. 

Agree not the best class. I still think Greedy is the best of the bunch and I like Murphy too as a fit in a cover 3 type system. To me they are the only two that deserve first round status but I do expect Rock to go in the 1st and I think possibly one more too (either JoeJuan Williams or DeAndre Baker). 

As you say - teams reach on corners. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm head over heels over DKs measurables but not enuf production and more importantly his route running and hands are, I won't say suspect because there isn't much to back that up either, but unproven. I think that couple of years ago Corey Davis was a better prospect and worth a top ten selection despite the conference. This year I'd rather have Harry later even if I had to trade up. 

Having said that with his other worldly athleticism, bloodlines, and stratospheric ceiling he probably presents  the profile Beane seems to like so I wouldn't be surprised.