Bills 2019 Schedule and the Draft

Taking a look at Buffalo's 2019 schedule, they face some horses on the offensive side of the ball. 

Le'Veon Bell x2

Sony Michel x2

Kenyon Drake x2

Saquan Barkley

Zeke Elliot

Adrian Peterson

Joe Mixon

Phillip Lindsay

Jordan Howard

Ingram/Lamar Jackson

James Connor

Nick Chubb

The defense will have their hands full this season.  How much should the 2019 schedule affect draft strategy? The way I see it, Buffalo's playoff chances will be heavily reliant on how well they can stop the run.  17th in the league ain't gonna cut it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Taking a look at Buffalo's 2019 schedule, they face some horses on the offensive side of the ball. 

Le'Veon Bell x2

Sony Michel x2

Kenyon Drake x2

Saquan Barkley

Zeke Elliot

Adrian Peterson

Joe Mixon

Phillip Lindsay

Jordan Howard

Ingram/Lamar Jackson

James Connor

Nick Chubb

The defense will have their hands full this season.  How much should the 2019 schedule affect draft strategy? The way I see it, Buffalo's playoff chances will be heavily reliant on how well they can stop the run.  17th in the league ain't gonna cut it.

Newsflash...teams other than the Buffalo Bills have good offensive players!   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Le'Veon Bell x2

Sony Michel x2

Kenyon Drake x2

Saquan Barkley

Zeke Elliot

Adrian Peterson

Joe Mixon

Phillip Lindsay

Jordan Howard

Ingram/Lamar Jackson

James Connor

Nick Chubb

That's okay, I feel a lot better when I look at some of the QUARTERBACKS they get to play in 2019!

Sam Darnold (x2)
Eli Manning
Andy Dalton
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Fitzpatrick (x2)
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco
Lamar Jackson

Sweeeeeeeet!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

That's okay, I feel a lot better when I look at some of the QUARTERBACKS they get to play in 2019!

Sam Darnold (x2)
Eli Manning
Andy Dalton
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Fitzpatrick (x2)
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco
Lamar Jackson

Sweeeeeeeet!

True, but QB deficiencies are masked by healthy run game.  Lamar Jackson being an excellent example. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Le'Veon Bell x2

Sony Michel x2

Kenyon Drake x2

Saquan Barkley

Zeke Elliot

Adrian Peterson

Joe Mixon

Phillip Lindsay

Jordan Howard

Ingram/Lamar Jackson

James Connor

Nick Chubb

I agree. If we are going to make any noise this year we have to be strong against the run. As the saying goes, you win games by winning the line of scrimmage.

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

How much should the 2019 schedule affect draft strategy? The way I see it, Buffalo's playoff chances will be heavily reliant on how well they can stop the run.  17th in the league ain't gonna cut it.

You don't draft based on a single year's schedule.  Your rookies will be in a learning and adjusting mode.  If you expect them to be optimal contributors, that's wishful thinking no matter what your schedule looks like.