OT - Mitch Hedberg?

DPR4444

I was half - awake, but on Howard Stern today, I thought I heard them say that comedian Mitch Hedberg died. I can't find any verification of this on the net - anyone else hear about this?

292195[/snapback]

I heard he was found in a hotel room wearing only underpants with a picture of Steve Urkel in one hand and a bottle of pills in the other.

that was indeed reported on the howard stern show but I have a feeling that it might be a premature april fools joke. I called the venue that he is supposed to be performing at tonight and they said that there are 2 shows tonight and they didnt say anything about him being DEAD.

"I got my hair highlighted, because I felt that some strands were more important than others."

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."

"I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too."

"I don't have a girlfriend. I just know a girl who would be really mad if she heard me say that."

"I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out. They sold their soul to the devil, and the devil is dill..."

:doh:

He was supposed to perform in Richmond last week but never showed. He was one of our very favourite comedians. I had a feeling it would end badly for him. I hope it's not true but if it is I hope you are at peace Mitch.

Hahaha!!!  How true.

292321[/snapback]

The Improv's main web site has a picture/dates tribute. The Baltimore Improv (where he was scheduled to perform starting tonight) has nothing on their calendar for this weekend. This is looking true....

Ironically, Screech is scheduled to be @ the Baltimore Improv in a couple of weeks....

The Improv's main web site has a picture/dates tribute.  The Baltimore Improv (where he was scheduled to perform starting tonight) has nothing on their calendar for this weekend.  This is looking true....

Ironically, Screech is scheduled to be @ the Baltimore Improv in a couple of weeks....

292350[/snapback]

Screech is dead you bozo!

:doh:

My girlfiend spoke with someone who works at the Funny bone in Short pump(Richmond). She said he was doing speed balls and he was in a Baltimore hotel. Didn't anyone learn anything from John Belushi?

My girlfiend spoke with someone who works at the Funny bone in Short pump(Richmond). She said he was doing speed balls and he was in a Baltimore hotel. Didn't anyone learn anything from John Belushi?

292401[/snapback]

According to the article, he died in a New Jersey hotel. What a waste. I can't say I knew much about him, but he was obviously talented.

very talented, but this guy had serious demons....a couple years ago, dude developed gangrene from shooting heroin - damn near became an amputee....most thought that was his wake-up call and he'd cleaned up recently....RIP

I am going on record right now by calling "Shananagans!!!!"

MTV's obit includes in the first paragraph "The comic who bore an uncanny resemblance to Rush front man Geddy Lee..." What kind of serious Obit would say something like that in the first paragraph???

I think there are a lot of people in on this joke and a few other news orgs are going to be duped.

I hope your right and it is a hoax

but the Balt Improv has cancelled his scheduled shows - which were sold out by the way....I'm sure that club can't afford so much lost revenue just to go along with a twisted April Fools joke

What kind of serious Obit would say something like that in the first paragraph

when did anyone start taking MTV seriously?

I hope your right and it is a hoax

but the Balt Improv has cancelled his scheduled shows - which were sold out by the way....I'm sure that club can't afford so much lost revenue just to go along with a twisted April Fools joke

when did anyone start taking MTV seriously?

292492[/snapback]

Howard Stern and Mitch can.

If it is BS(which I don't think so), I will have lost respect for any comedic/atrtistic abilities I thought they may have had.

Howard Stern and Mitch can.

292504[/snapback]

Some more Mitch Hedberg material...funny stuff

"if a pizza restaurant takes competitor's coupons, I'm going to start my own pizza restaurant called Mitch's Pizza. Then I'll have coupons like buy a pizza, get 8 free, or buy a piza, get a free pizza oven! At the bottom of the coupon, it will say this coupon not good at any Mitch's Pizza locations..."

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall."

"I think fooseball is a combination of soccer and shishkabobs."

"I had a bag of fritos, they were texas grilled fritos. These fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of something, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on, better flip that frito, dad, you know how I like mine."

"I have a cheese-shredder at home, which is its positive name. They don't call it by its negative name, which is sponge-ruiner. Because I wanted to clean it, and now I have little bits of sponge that would melt easily over tortilla chips..."

"I hope the next time I move I get a real easy phone number. Something like, 222-2222. I would say sweet. People would say, "Mitch, how do I get ahold of you?" I would say, "Press 2 for a while, and when I answer, you will know that you have pressed 2 enough"

"I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Boy, you really like Tide."

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

"I like buying snacks from a vending machine because food is better when it falls. Sometimes at the grocery store, I'll drop a candy bar so that it will achieve its maximum flavor potential."

"I wanted this candy bar in a vending machine and it was at location HH, so I went to the side and pressed H twice. ******* potato chips came out man, they had an HH button for chrissake - you gotta let me know. I did not learn my AA's, BB's, CC's. God God dammit dammit."

"I bought this parrot, and he talked, but he could not say I'm hungry, so he died."

There are many media reports, however I will reserve my condolances until I see if he remains dead through the weekend.

293379[/snapback]

Well, considering his hometown paper went so far as to say what funeral home is doing the arrangements, and that his opening act is now the Act at the Improv this weekend, I really don't think it's a hoax at this point.....

I was there earlier - a note said that the site was experiencing heavy traffic (which is understandable) and that their account would probably get suspended due to bandwith usage.

293750[/snapback]

Was just on twenty minutes ago and there was an official release by his management. He passed away on the 30th.... :devil: