Go Big or Go Home McBeane

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just have a normal freaking draft.. 

Stay at 9... 

Maybe use their extra 4th and 5th to trade up from 40 into the bottom of the first..

There will be good players left when they are picking in the Third and Fourth..

Occam's Razor.

Beane has not acquired new DL blood yet.  The draft is heavy at the top with DL prospects.

A good one will likely fall to him at #9.

It's unlikely that 10 rookies make the team this year so it's logical that a few pick will be used to trade up

OR

some picks can still be used in a pre-draft trade.

Anything can happen but this is the most likely IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I know what the pt chart says but that goes out the window when a team is trading up for a QB. We gave up 2 2s last yr to go from 12 to 7. I'm not making that deal just for a 2 I need more

This guy bit the conversation 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2019/4/4/18295002/2019-nfl-draft-new-york-giants-trade-up-with-buffalo-bills-for-their-next-quarterback-denver-broncos

My $.02 worth:

Round 1 sit at 9 unless a very attractive trade down offer materializes and:

take Oliver, fallback options: Sweat, Hockenson, Wilkins - I’d pass on OT here as at least one good option should be available in 2nd, however I couldn’t object to Taylor or Dillard here

Round 2: their favorite OT among Risner, McGary, Howard, Ford -or- Tillery if they took Hockenson or OT in rd1

Round 3: best available TE or WR

Round 4: if they really like someone who slipped out of the 3rd, try to move to the top of the round with both 4ths to get that player.  Could be any position - seems every year there are one or two players sitting there that are surprisingly available as day 3 opens.

6 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I don't care what that chart says i think we should get more.  First of all there's a huge difference this yr in talent from 9-17 , secondly the Giants are moving up for a QB.  If I was Beane I would ask for 2 , 2s one this yr 1 next. 

17 hours ago, cage said:

Great perspective.  I recall a few years ago there was also plenty of talk about needing WRs.  There was near universal consensus on this board that Laquon Treadwell (another Ole Miss guy) would be a great NFL receiver.   I can hardly recall an argument against that on the board leading up to the draft.  The Vikings stole him at #23 and at this point they probably wish it was the 23rd pick of the 7th round.

I was 1 of those that hated Treadwell I actually liked the 2nd rd wrs more that yr Michael Thomas and Sterling Shepherd were my #1 & #2 Wrs in that draft.

3 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I don't care what that chart says i think we should get more.  First of all there's a huge difference this yr in talent from 9-17 , secondly the Giants are moving up for a QB.  If I was Beane I would ask for 2 , 2s one this yr 1 next. 

That wasn’t meant as a comeback my friend, I would hope we would get more, I was just laughing when I saw it because it looked like the guy just pulled the story from our conversation.

• Like (+1) 1