Go Big or Go Home McBeane

5 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

He actually dominated the first half of the season until he hurt his labrum. Tillery has scored the best pass rushing grade ever recorded by PFF.  This kid has just as much potential to be great as any other DT at the top of the draft. 

Other then Milano we haven't done much in 2nd halves of the draft. 

We've done as well as anyone drafting in the mid rounds

1 minute ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Even if it costed just a 2 id rather pk Oliver or Hock at 9 and trade bk up into the late first for another player by giving up the 3,4,& 5. 

My point is, this is a deep draft at both TE and DL. Unless we are trading up for a top 5 player, why would we just spend capital on a late first rounder when the difference in production between a mid 20's pick and #40 are not extreme?

People here are worried about a extra 4th & 5th . Lol. Did u guys see the depth we had after the trades it's gonna hard to make this team. 

Nobody's worried. But your logic makes little sense. Let's call it what it is

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

My point is, this is a deep draft at both TE and DL. Unless we are trading up for a top 5 player, why would we just spend capital on a late first rounder when the difference in production between a mid 20's pick and #40 are not extreme?

The way I see it all those high end DTs and TEs will be gone by #40

Teams like the Colts, Pat's, Chargers and even a few teams that pk before us in the 2nd have major needs at DT & TE.

The way I see it all those high end DTs and TEs will be gone by #40

You may be missing my point. The value of a TE at 25, compared to the cost, and a TE at 40, compared to the cost. The production difference between the two is not gonna be worth the capital spent. 

T hats as easy as I can say it

If a player isn’t there at 9 that the Bills love, I can see a move down to 17 where the Giants are,  if Haskins is still available before the Broncos pick at 10. Beane and Gettleman obviously have a close relationship and based on the point scale, the Giants second round pick should be enough to get the Giants up, maybe a swap of late round picks as well. Having picks 40 and 37 in the second round is worth roughly 1000 points or the equivalent to the overall number 16 or 17th pick. The Bills could than sit tight with 3 picks in the top 50, or find a trade partner in the teens to package both 2nds or one the 2nds and a third or fourth to get back into the bottom of the first. The Seahawks are intriguing at pick 21, as they only have 4 picks in the draft. Of course this is based on the Bills loving two prospects in the first round, but also not giving their draft away.

Edited by Codyny13

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

You may be missing my point. The value of a TE at 25, compared to the cost, and a TE at 40, compared to the cost. The production difference between the two is not gonna be worth the capital spent. 

T hats as easy as I can say it

I understand what your saying but at some pt u got to stop giving up the difference for high end difference maker talents. Irv Smith isn't in my opinion that type of guy he's nowhere near Fant or Hock as a prospect. 

Just now, BillsFan1988 said:

I understand what your saying but at some pt u got to stop giving up the difference for high end difference maker talents. Irv Smith isn't in my opinion that type of guy he's nowhere near Fant or Hock as a prospect. 

Yeah, not a fan of Irv. But I'd take Dawson Knox in the 3rd or fourth

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

If a player isn’t there at 9 that the Bills love, I can see a move down to 17 where the Giants are,  if Haskins is still available before the Broncos pick at 10. Beane and Gettleman obviously have a close relationship and based on the point scale, the Giants second round pick should be enough to get the Giants up, maybe a swap of late round picks as well. Having picks 40 and 48 in the second round is worth roughly 1000 points or the equivalent to the overall number 16 or 17th pick. The Bills could than sit tight with 3 picks in the top 50, or find a trade partner in the teens to package both 2nds or one the 2nds and a third or fourth to get back into the bottom of the first. The Seahawks are intriguing at pick 21, as they only have 4 picks in the draft. Of course this is based on the Bills loving two prospects in the first round, but also not giving their draft away.

I know what the pt chart says but that goes out the window when a team is trading up for a QB. We gave up 2 2s last yr to go from 12 to 7. I'm not making that deal just for a 2 I need more

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Did we sign the top WR in the CFL just for the heck of it.  Who is our big redzone WR.

I have a feeling a lot of the negative Nellys in here will be purchasing Duke Williams' jersey before the end of next season. The kid knows how to fight and get the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the effort that you obviously put into this post. You do make some sense too, but I TOTALLY disagree with the premise of trading away the 2020 #1. I would not do this under virtually any conditions.

Wait until you see the receivers in the draft next year! This is what I want for Josh. This and of course blocking.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Sorry, but the draft never works out how fans and pundits expect. AND the players often don't turn out how you expect either.

So what might look like a poor move could be great and what looks like a great move could be horrible. We'll know in a few years.

Trading back might be more difficult now that Detroit wants to trade back. It's possible but hurts the return.  If Williams is on the board at 5 trading up is worth it if the price is our 3rd. We can regain a 3rd with lower picks in a trade with a team low on picks.  All of beans picks check boxes of arm length and strength.  If Williams is gone I can see hockensen and then moving up for tillery.  If it's Williams maybe the TE choice becomes jace stoneberger. I'm ok either way but Williams is possibly the best player in this draft.  Oliver has T-rex arms and won't be able to keep nfl guards of him. I don't think there's any chance of beano drafting him. The best outcome for this draft is 4 or 5 guys who can make this team.  Drafting 10 guys is unrealistic with the roster we have already. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Sorry, but the draft never works out how fans and pundits expect. AND the players often don't turn out how you expect either.

So what might look like a poor move could be great and what looks like a great move could be horrible. We'll know in a few years.

Great perspective.  I recall a few years ago there was also plenty of talk about needing WRs.  There was near universal consensus on this board that Laquon Treadwell (another Ole Miss guy) would be a great NFL receiver.   I can hardly recall an argument against that on the board leading up to the draft.  The Vikings stole him at #23 and at this point they probably wish it was the 23rd pick of the 7th round.