Go Big or Go Home McBeane

Go big or go home the plan that fits everyone needs or basically everyone. If u are still hoping for a OT in the first rd u might not like this plan but maybe I can talk u into it and if u are on this board McBeane think about this.  ??

The draft 

Actually these are 2 plans in 1 depending on who's available at #9 . The targets are Ed Oliver or TJ Hock.  

The Oliver & Fant Plan

#9 - Ed Oliver 

#22 -Trade/Baltimore , we all know the Ravens love to make draft day trades and are never shy about moving back and collecting more pks . By the draft trade chart it would take our 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th to move up to #22 but let's just say we give up the extra 4th we got instead of the 5th for good measure.  Remember this trade because I'll be using it again in the Hock plan.

#22- TE - Noah Fant 

The Hock &  1st Rd DT Plan 

#9 - TJ Hock, now I would try to move bk a couple of slots anywhere from 10-12 and add a 3rd rd pk or more but if I can't we stick to the Hock plan.  Keep in mind this plan is implemented if Oliver is not on the board.

#22 Trade/Balt- draft 1 of these DTs in order Wilkins, Tillery or Simmons. 

So basically with these 2 plans we come of the draft with impact players at both the DT and TE positions and we still have pks in the 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th to add to our team.  But the plan doesn't end here I got more for the I want a DE crowd. 

Trade/Free Agency after the draft 

#1 -Trade/Hou , Trade 1st rd pk in 2020 for Clowney . 

#2- Sign Wr Crabtree & LB Jamie Collins

Now we are ready to compete in 2019 . With all the additions we made leading to the draft and the trades and free agency afterwards this team is ready for a deep playoff run as long as Josh Allen takes the proper steps up in his development. 

Adding impact players at TE, DT & DE which we all know are major needs for this team will solidify us going into this season and make us a major player in the AFC moving forward.  Also with the addition of Jamie Collins and Crabtree we get 2 battle tested vets that can help us in a big way.  If Milano doesn't come bk healthy Collins steps in and can fill those shoes and maybe even better then Milano.  If there all healthy then we got a serious rotation that McD can use. Crabtree gives us that big physical  possession/ red zone target our WR core is lacking plus he adds leadership to the Wr room. 

Depth, depth and more depth . This team is loaded and we can withstand injuries to almost any position.  With all these 1yr deals it also gives us competition element that most teams don't have.  I think the Bills might be on to something with this method and if it works out look for NFL teams to start copying this competitive environment method. With all these additions we are starting to build a team like the Patriots were we have flexibility on offense and defense to come out in basically any formation from week to week which will nearly make it impossible for teams to truly prepare for us.  On offense we can play 11 or 12 personal or the spread on defense 4-3 or 3-4 , big nickel small nickel u guys get where I'm going with this. 

Our new Roster Depth Chart 2019

QB - Allen, Barkley 

RB- McCoy, Gore, Draft pk, Dimarco 

Wr- Crabtree, Brown, Foster, Beasley,  Zay, Roberts KR/PR

TE - Hock/Fant, Kroft, Croom, Fisher

OL- Dawkins, Spain,  Morse, Long, Nsekhe 

Bkups Feliciano,  Teller,  Bodine, Waddle

DL - Hughes,  Oliver/Tillery , Star, Clowney,  

Bkups Murphy, Shaq, Harrison, Jordon

LB - Alexander,  Edmunds,  Milano, Collins

CB- Tre, EJ, Taron, Wallace, KJ 

S- Poyer, Hyde, Bush, Alexander 

Now that's 49 players including our kicker, punter and long snapper we got the rest of the draft and other bkups I didn't mention to full out the other 4 remaining roster spots. 

Now let's hear it fellas give me your opinions. 

• Sad 1

It takes two to tango.. Lot of variables in there and no guarantee any teams want to move around like that, or that teams won’t trade up in front and snag the players you want. Then what? And I hate the Crabtree and clowney deals but that’s just me 

• Like (+1) 1

OK, so I'll throw out my crazy, likely unrealistic plan for everyone to flame.  

In any trade-down the goal has to be more 2nd round picks.  If we can't additional #2s, then they shouldn't consider.  This idea involves trading down 2x to end up with #1 in the low 20s and three #2s.  Offer additional later round picks if value chart demands in order to get more #2s

1. Trade down w/ Bengals or Redskins to #11 / #15 who may want a QB, picking up their #2.  Would need to add our #3 and possibly one of our #4/5 if Bengals as they're only moving down 2 spots

2. Trade down w/ possibly Texans or Raiders #23 / #24 picking up their #2 (not sure if that's realistic?).  Would likely need to add one of our #4/5 if Oakland as they pick earlier in 2nd round than us

Then pick:

-- #2x, WR AJ Brown

-- With the three #2s we pick OL (ideally Risner), DT (ideally Tillery) and TE (ideally Irv Smith)

We end up with much less in later rounds, but we have four highly valued players across our need spectrum...

Just now, cage said:

In any trade-down the goal has to be more 2nd round picks.  If we can't additional #2s, then they shouldn't consider.  This idea involves trading down 2x to end up with #1 in the low 20s and three #2s.  Offer additional later round picks if value chart demands in order to get more #2s

1. Trade down w/ Bengals or Redskins to #11 / #15 who may want a QB, picking up their #2.  Would need to add our #3 and possibly one of our #4/5 if Bengals as they're only moving down 2 spots

2. Trade down w/ possibly Texans or Raiders #23 / #24 picking up their #2 (not sure if that's realistic?).  Would likely need to add one of our #4/5 if Oakland as they pick earlier in 2nd round than us

Then pick:

-- #2x, WR AJ Brown

-- With the three #2s we pick OL (ideally Risner), DT (ideally Tillery) and TE (ideally Irv Smith)

We end up with much less in later rounds, but we have four highly valued players across our need spectrum...

Aj brown is a big slot

Unless we are going 4 wide why would we draft that high on a slot receiver when we just paid Cole handsomely??

Also it's definitely that time of year for "crazy draft threads" to ramp up.

I think the over-under is +12 a day currently.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Go big or go home the plan that fits everyone needs or basically everyone. If u are still hoping for a OT in the first rd u might not like this plan but maybe I can talk u into it and if u are on this board McBeane think about this.  ??

The draft 

Actually these are 2 plans in 1 depending on who's available at #9 . The targets are Ed Oliver or TJ Hock.  

The Oliver & Fant Plan

#9 - Ed Oliver 

#22 -Trade/Baltimore , we all know the Ravens love to make draft day trades and are never shy about moving back and collecting more pks . By the draft trade chart it would take our 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th to move up to #22 but let's just say we give up the extra 4th we got instead of the 5th for good measure.  Remember this trade because I'll be using it again in the Hock plan.

#22- TE - Noah Fant 

The Hock &  1st Rd DT Plan 

#9 - TJ Hock, now I would try to move bk a couple of slots anywhere from 10-12 and add a 3rd rd pk or more but if I can't we stick to the Hock plan.  Keep in mind this plan is implemented if Oliver is not on the board.

#22 Trade/Balt- draft 1 of these DTs in order Wilkins, Tillery or Simmons. 

So basically with these 2 plans we come of the draft with impact players at both the DT and TE positions and we still have pks in the 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th to add to our team.  But the plan doesn't end here I got more for the I want a DE crowd. 

Trade/Free Agency after the draft 

#1 -Trade/Hou , Trade 1st rd pk in 2020 for Clowney . 

#2- Sign Wr Crabtree & LB Jamie Collins

Now we are ready to compete in 2019 . With all the additions we made leading to the draft and the trades and free agency afterwards this team is ready for a deep playoff run as long as Josh Allen takes the proper steps up in his development. 

Adding impact players at TE, DT & DE which we all know are major needs for this team will solidify us going into this season and make us a major player in the AFC moving forward.  Also with the addition of Jamie Collins and Crabtree we get 2 battle tested vets that can help us in a big way.  If Milano doesn't come bk healthy Collins steps in and can fill those shoes and maybe even better then Milano.  If there all healthy then we got a serious rotation that McD can use. Crabtree gives us that big physical  possession/ red zone target our WR core is lacking plus he adds leadership to the Wr room. 

Depth, depth and more depth . This team is loaded and we can withstand injuries to almost any position.  With all these 1yr deals it also gives us competition element that most teams don't have.  I think the Bills might be on to something with this method and if it works out look for NFL teams to start copying this competitive environment method. With all these additions we are starting to build a team like the Patriots were we have flexibility on offense and defense to come out in basically any formation from week to week which will nearly make it impossible for teams to truly prepare for us.  On offense we can play 11 or 12 personal or the spread on defense 4-3 or 3-4 , big nickel small nickel u guys get where I'm going with this. 

Our new Roster Depth Chart 2019

QB - Allen, Barkley 

RB- McCoy, Gore, Draft pk, Dimarco 

Wr- Crabtree, Brown, Foster, Beasley,  Zay, Roberts KR/PR

TE - Hock/Fant, Kroft, Croom, Fisher

OL- Dawkins, Spain,  Morse, Long, Nsekhe 

Bkups Feliciano,  Teller,  Bodine, Waddle

DL - Hughes,  Oliver/Tillery , Star, Clowney,  

Bkups Murphy, Shaq, Harrison, Jordon

LB - Alexander,  Edmunds,  Milano, Collins

CB- Tre, EJ, Taron, Wallace, KJ 

S- Poyer, Hyde, Bush, Alexander 

Now that's 49 players including our kicker, punter and long snapper we got the rest of the draft and other bkups I didn't mention to full out the other 4 remaining roster spots. 

Now let's hear it fellas give me your opinions. 

Did we sign the top WR in the CFL just for the heck of it.  Who is our big redzone WR.

7 minutes ago, cage said:

Then pick:

-- #2x, WR AJ Brown

We dont really have any needs. 

Yeah, Im not giving away a 2,3,4,and 5 for anybody...let alone a TE. McBeane has shown they can find starters/quality players in later rounds. If anything, spend a 2nd, and 4th to move up to 4 for Q Williams if he's still there. Otherwise, stand your ground and stay at 9

33 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Yeah, Im not giving away a 2,3,4,and 5 for anybody...let alone a TE. McBeane has shown they can find starters/quality players in later rounds. If anything, spend a 2nd, and 4th to move up to 4 for Q Williams if he's still there. Otherwise, stand your ground and stay at 9

We are a team now full of quality players we need to consolidate our pks and cash in on impact players at impact positions the same thing that the Bears did last yr.

1 minute ago, BillsFan1988 said:

We are a team now full of quality players we need to consolidate our pks and cash in on impact players at impact positions the same thing that the Bears did last yr.

You want to spend #9,a 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th rd pick on a TE and a DL? In a draft that is deep at both positions? Yikes!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

It takes two to tango.. Lot of variables in there and no guarantee any teams want to move around like that, or that teams won’t trade up in front and snag the players you want. Then what? And I hate the Crabtree and clowney deals but that’s just me 

There's definitely variables to any plan any team has going into the draft and yes it takes 2 to tango. Here's the thing when it comes to Clowney it's reported by numerous people the Bills have spoken to Hou about him and the reports indicate that the Texans are asking for a 1st in return. When it comes to a trade well most teams discuss parameters before the draft to know what it will cost to move up and the team that I choose to do the deal the with the Ravens well they trade back almost every yr . Obviously things have to fall your way to get this done but it's not impossible to pull off.  Obviously there's stages to this plan. Let's say Fant is gone by 20 well then u go to plan B. Teams have probably 100 different ways they can go on draft day but it always starts with 1.

7 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

You want to spend #9,a 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th rd pick on a TE and a DL? In a draft that is deep at both positions? Yikes!

I'm spending on players that are projected to be impact players.  Not Joe Shmoes in the 4th & 5th. U realize even with Mcd here we've wasted some of those mid rders right.  Serion Neal, Proel, Ray Ray maybe Teller.

Edited by BillsFan1988

55 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Obviously u don't know what draft trades cost because to move up to 4th overall u got to give up a 1st next yr.  Remember the Sammy deal.  

2 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I'm spending on players that are projected to be impact players.  Not Joe Shmoes in the 4th & 5th. U realize even with Mcd here we've wasted some of those mid rders right.  Serion Neal, Proel, Ray Ray maybe Teller.

Proehl and ray ray were not mid rd picks. Neal played some, Teller started. So, you realize that we've hit on as many as we seemingly missed on, right?

2 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I watch a lot of Notre Dame football and I am not sure Tillery is worth a 2nd round pick. He is really inconsistent a lot of his stats came in a single game last year. But he seems to be gaining momentum on the board for some reason.

He actually dominated the first half of the season until he hurt his labrum. Tillery has scored the best pass rushing grade ever recorded by PFF.  This kid has just as much potential to be great as any other DT at the top of the draft. 

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Proehl and ray ray were not mid rd picks. Neal played some, Teller started. So, you realize that we've hit on as many as we seemingly missed on, right?

Other then Milano we haven't done much in 2nd halves of the draft. 

Trade for Clowney on draft night for our 3rd this year and 2nd in 2020. Draft Ed Oliver in the 1st and draft a CB in the 3rd(trade back in). We should have one of the best defenses in the NFL for a long time. 

Edited by wppete

4 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Obviously u don't know what draft trades cost because to move up to 4th overall u got to give up a 1st next yr.  Remember the Sammy deal.  

#9 and #40 are 50 points more than the #4 pick. No need to spend next years first. And #4 was just a hypothetical spot considering Oakland has 3 firsts this year

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

#9 and #40 are 50 points more than the #4 pick. No need to spend next years first. And #4 was just a hypothetical spot considering Oakland has 3 firsts this year

Even if it costed just a 2 id rather pk Oliver or Hock at 9 and trade bk up into the late first for another player by giving up the 3,4,& 5.