NFL Internal Report Cap Space

MAJBobby

Also in case you were wondering.

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer now5 seconds ago
And here's a number for you, total league-wide cap space as of this AM ... $1,123,998,780. That's right. Teams go into the tampering period with $1.123 BILLION under the 2019 salary cap. Which is why a lot of dumb money's gonna get thrown around.
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

It would seem the Texans and Jets would be our biggest competition in the OL market for teams with significant space. At least for teams that might be looking at more than 1 of the better OL. 

Yeah I'm kind of afraid they grab Mitch Morse. They have a need there and he's from Austin. I know they are like three hours apart, but he has a disabled brother that he has said he wants to be closer to. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

And the 10 with the least amount of Space

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer 13m13 minutes ago
And the 10 teams tightest to the cap, as of this AM ...
1) Bucs $2.374M
2) Saints $3.673M
3) Vikings $4.264M
4) Falcons $5.992M
5) Chiefs $8.280M
6) Steelers $9.252M
7) Eagles $15.586M
8) Panthers $15.707M
9) Redskins $16.615M
10) Ravens $16.773M

None of those numbers account for the Trades that have already been agreed too.  So Steelers are going to be hurting alot more

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer now30 seconds ago
1) Colts $101.523M
2) Jets $95.024M
3) Browns $79.043M
4) Bills $75.025M
5) Texans $73.339M
6) 49ers $65.941M
7) Raiders $62.032M
? Bengals $47.274M
9) Titans $42.797M
10) Cardinals $42.204M
11) Lions $39.587M

Cracks me up that GM's are whining to their media contacts about AB working their system and double dipping when teams are doing everything possible to spend the minimum amount of cap space.

Same type of thing is happening in MLB.

That's the nature of money.............as these league's have been making more and more the owners have gotten greedier.

In 2004 the Yankees had a higher payroll than now........and their revenue has tripled since then.:lol:

The system of front loading guarantees worked when everyone played close to the salary cap...............because almost nobody was in position to poach a player who was going to cost 11% of their salary cap.    It's a mess of the owners own doing.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cracks me up that GM's are whining to their media contacts about AB working their system and double dipping when teams are doing everything possible to spend the minimum amount of cap space.

Same type of thing is happening in MLB.

That's the nature of money.............as these league's have been making more and more the owners have gotten greedier.

In 2004 the Yankees had a higher payroll than now........and their revenue has tripled since then.:lol:

The system of front loading guarantees worked when everyone played close to the salary cap...............because almost nobody was in position to poach a player who was going to cost 11% of their salary cap.    It's a mess of the owners own doing.

The Yankees are a bad example in this particular instance. They want to pay their own players when it’s time. They’ll have $600 million between 2 players when Judge needs to be signed. 

$1.1 Billion is a lot of money, but how much of that is going to actually be paid to the players? Far less than what will be paid to baseball players with fully guaranteed contracts. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

The Yankees are a bad example in this particular instance. They want to pay their own players when it’s time. They’ll have $600 million between 2 players when Judge needs to be signed. 

$1.1 Billion is a lot of money, but how much of that is going to actually be paid to the players? Far less than what will be paid to baseball players with fully guaranteed contracts. 

I'm not a "pay the players guy".......they just need to negotiate their deals with a better understanding of how greed only grows with the profits.

The 89% rule in the NFL keeps the owners from doing what they'd REALLY like to do..........pocket an even higher % of profits like MLB does.........but the NFL basically prints money so it's a wash.

The Yankees have lot's of convenient excuses to not spend.   Like......now they gotta' come up with their share of the $3.6B to buy back their TV network....which they originally sold a few years ago for $3.8B...but I digress:devil:.