Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’d prefer the iron maiden

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

So, Rapport got the scoop that the Bills and Steelers had agreed to a deal. Which part did he get wrong?  The only caveat might have been that AB is a bit of nut and it's possible he would not play for Buffalo.  Otherwise, Rapport was correct.  

How do you know Rap was correct?

How do you know they agreed to a deal?

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He didn't report a done deal. I believe the word he used was "likely".

On twitter, "closing in on a deal." In a different tweet, "close to being done."

"Likely" is like "Maybe" - a word which should be used to say "I don't know but can make up stuff like the best of them."

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Maybe he is Rap's nut washer?

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Shouldn't one confirm the player is on board before reporting a trade. Especially a player known to be as big a headcase as AB? He doesn't want to play with a HOF QB still playing at a high level of course he is going to veto a trade sending him to play for a team with a young QB that is still learning the game.

From what I read, the Steelers had to give permission to teams to talk to AB or his agent. The word is they were refusing to let anyone talk to him.

Just having fun with this, guys... Yeah, it's a bit frustrating, particularly with the constant jokes and disrespect about the Bills. I'm liking Beane's tenacity though..

I should have added the Judas Cradle as an option, actually... that would've brought some of you around, I think.  

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No one knows anything for sure, but by far the most likely scenario is that Drew Rosenhaus, AB's agent, leaked the finished trade deal to Rappaport in order to put public pressure on the Bills so he could negotiate an extension ahead of the trade going through. Once the trade is signed and done, AB loses a big part of his negotiating position. 

I suspect the Bills and Rosenhaus had talked extension ahead of time, and so we knew what it might take, but preferred to entertain those talks somewhat privately when AB was already a part of the team. That's not to AB's advantage if his goal is the get the most $$, hence why we saw all the theatrics about him not reporting, etc. When we saw that, we walked away. 

Edited by VW82

5 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I just basically said the same thing in the AB thread. Seems like very half-a$$ed reporting to report a "done deal" and not confirm it with AB first. Who the hell were Rappaport's trusted sources on this?  

Why are you confirming it with a player who doesn't have a no trade clause?

Ab has no actual say on whether it's a done deal or what happens to him, other than saying he will sit out/not play, which is what he did.

He has no actual say in who the Steelers trade him to, just a roundabout way in the sense that no team will pony up for him if he's not going to report to them on game day.

There's no reason for a reporter to contact a player to ask him to confirm it.

Sh*t look at cliff Lee a couple years ago in MLB.

He was driving on the PCH in the off-season and heard on ESPN radio that he was traded.

He was very unhappy the team didn't tell him or his agent before public releasing the story, but guess what?? 

He still showed up and played at his new team.

I had ABs back for the most part in the drama until recently.

If he wanted out of Pitt so badly then he should play wherever he's sent, not throw a tantrum and refuse to play at the place he's traded.

Everything from here on out is on him and I have no sympathy.

I hope they indefinitely suspend him for "Conduct detrimental to the team" and let him rot the next 3 years not playing.

See if he gets a contract at age 33+ having not played in 3 seasons.

Screw him.

• Like (+1) 1