Free Agents Beane Visited with coming out of draft from 2013-15

I was looking at the players that visited with the Panthers during the draft process from 2013 to 2015 

We all know McBeane loves players they know or are familiar with in some capacity.  It will be interesting to go to this list once free agency starts to see who we end up with.  

All players had Private Visit

OT DJ Fluker 

WR Tavon Austin 

DE Zeke Ansah 

WR - Donte Moncreif 

OT- Cam Fleming 

OG - Marcus Martin

CB - Jason Verrett 

WR

Davante Parker 

Breshard Perriman 

Phillip Dorsett 

Jamison Crowder 

RB/WR Ty Montgomery 

RB Tevin Coleman 

OT Erick Flowers

DE Za'Dareus Smith

DT Malcolm Brown 

DT Jordon Phillips

SS Landon Collins 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I know some here will be critical of a signing like Landon Collins but I beg to differ

#1 Signing Collins will give Mcd the chess piece he needs a Rover LB/SS like Collins would be flat of weapon for Mcd. 

#2 The flexibility of both Hyde and Poyer will make this work.  Poyer was a corner in college and has shown those coverage skills on the NFL level. Hyde can lineup in the slot in a pinch .

#3 With these 3 guys all together on the field in a big nickel we will hardly be caught off guard by opposing teams offenses . With these guys willingness to all get dirty in the box they won't be a liability in run defense and in coverage this is where we will benefit the most.  Teams like the Pat's and Saints that love the quick gm will find it a daunting task against these 3 beasts to get that quick gm going and we can put them in uncomfortable situations and that's not to mention Edmunds and Milano and Lorex in rotation at the LB spots. 

#4 The Blitz packages . We've already seen Mcd call timely blitzes at times and take advantage of opposing offenses with this.  With Collins in the mix these blitz packages will be downright nasty. 

• Like (+1) 2

There may be something to this notion, but with a caveat.  Beane knows he's not immune to mistakes.  Sometimes players underperform their draft position.  Sometimes players you think were going to be good just aren't.  I haven't followed the careers of these players, but a few of them fall into that underperforming category.  Beane knows this.  If he signs a player like that, it will only be because he needs a bandaid and can't find anyone else who will fit the bill and will sign what he thinks is a fair contract.  That's less likely this year given Buffalo is flush with cap space.

7 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Some interesting names on this list some good players I'd like to see them kick the tires on 

Donte Moncreif 

Landon Collins

Za'Daruis Smith

You wouldn't be kicking the tires on Collins or Smith. You better be ready to write the big check for those two. Za'Darius Smith is so underrated. You want pass rush he is a guy to go after in FA.

36 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Tevin Coleman would be a nice addition as well. The man can do it all. We all know weve gotta get younger at RB.

Depends on the money more then 4mil per yr is to much for me.  4 or less let's do it.  I think the 5 and up are reserved for really good to great bks.

25 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

You wouldn't be kicking the tires on Collins or Smith. You better be ready to write the big check for those two. Za'Darius Smith is so underrated. You want pass rush he is a guy to go after in FA.

I love Smith to one of my favorite players available i wonder if he's a fit for McDefense though.  

I don't expect us to spend more then 55 to 60 mil tops in free agency.  It might be alot less though if the big dollar guys don't want to come to Buffalo.