Dolphins to Expected to Release Robert Quinn -- I'd take a shot on him

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Murphy tore his ACL in August of 2017.  I assume they signed him thinking he'd be healthy by the start of training camp or at least before the end of pre-season.  Again like I said, if he's not healthy by 3/17, he's gone.

I have no issue with the gamble they took on Murphy. It made sense, it was low risk and it didn't work out. I will have an issue if they go into 2019 relying on him in any way. Cutting him saves us $5m on the cap in 2019. That is money for a player who can contribute.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have no issue with the gamble they took on Murphy. It made sense, it was low risk and it didn't work out. I will have an issue if they go into 2019 relying on him in any way. Cutting him saves us $5m on the cap in 2019. That is money for a player who can contribute.

Unless they can secure an upgrade first, I'd approach him about a pay cut.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Unless they can secure an upgrade first, I'd approach him about a pay cut.

I wouldn't because I don't think he is ever likely to be able to play at the level we saw in Washington again. I'd cut him now to be honest. I just think the money is better used elsewhere.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:58 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Wasn’t he originally one of the top picks in the entire draft his rookie year? 

Without googling I'm going to say 15th overall to Seattle. Will edit if wrong.

I was wrong, mark the day and time. 14th to the Rams in 2011. I was thinking of Bruce Irvin, 15th to Seattle a year later.

Edited by Steve O