Most Heartbreaking Losses of Players

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

I wonder if he’ll continue to wear Nike, or endorse them when he turns pro.

Think he’ll return to Duke?  I wouldn’t.  Too much at risk.

He might never again trust that monster step with his right when driving to the rim

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Len Bias loss was heartbreaking - he would have been the franchise after Larry retired.

As I said a few posts above, bad for Duke but especially for college BB if he doesn't. Guess you can add Nike to the list of things it will be bad for. But I wouldn't blame him, like you say, too much at risk. Way too much. As for college BB itself, his not returning might usher in a new era. Maybe a certain # of scholarships that come with an insurance policy. Maybe an end to one and done in favor of a developmental league which college BB is for the one and doners. 

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

As I said a few posts above, bad for Duke but especially for college BB if he doesn't. Guess you can add Nike to the list of things it will be bad for. But I wouldn't blame him, like you say, too much at risk. Way too much. As for college BB itself, his not returning might usher in a new era. Maybe a certain # of scholarships that come with an insurance policy. Maybe an end to one and done in favor of a developmental league which college BB is for the one and doners. 

won’t matter, the last 24 or so NCAA champs are long forgotten to me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, row_33 said:

Maybe Zion Williamson as his Nike shoe fell apart on his first drive of the game....

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Len Bias loss was heartbreaking - he would have been the franchise after Larry retired.

I heard this morning that NBA players wear their shoes for maybe three games. Zion evidently was wearing the same pair all season. 

Those are BIG men who put a LOT of stress on their feet and the equipment they contain them in. 

Hey, even tires blow out "unexpectedly," but ya gotta check the tread and inflation pressures every once in awhile. 

Edited by Nanker

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

I heard this morning that NBA players wear their shoes for maybe three games. Zion evidently was wearing the same pair all season. 

Those are BIG men who put a LOT of stress on their feet and the equipment they contain them in. 

Hey, even tires blow out "unexpectedly," but ya gotta check the tread and inflation pressures every once in awhile. 

it happens each month in the NBA, concrete playgrounds are the most likely place to do it for an older shoe

this was the most eventful display of a shoe falling apart, basically the whole college hoops world was watching

On 2/22/2019 at 10:50 AM, row_33 said:

won’t matter, the last 24 or so NCAA champs are long forgotten to me.

I just looked at the list, the last teams I really remember and liked a lot were back in the early 90’s, UNLV and the Michigan Fab 5 (never won though :thumbdown:).