Bills' Offseason Plans

R. Rich

I think the Bills will use at least 2 of the picks in this year's draft to address depth/talent issues on the offensive line. I can also see us looking to acquire depth in the secondary and maybe a defensive lineman as well. Also, I can see us looking at another TE after the June cap cuts. Thoughts?

If the trade goes through I think they will use the second round pick to take 1 olineman. If not then I think they will look tho utilize Peters or Bannan. I like Wilkerson but I think he's a stretch. Bass might be on the board when all else is said and done. Then I think we stag a cb, rb and a te. I think they are happy with the dline in general. For a b/u-project I really like Moats. Please TD stag this kid if he is there late enough for us to grab him. I do agree with you and think that a te is in the plans for the draft.

Edit: Sorry I thought you said a te was in the draft plans. Maybe a fa te is a better option.

I think the Bills will use at least 2 of the picks in this year's draft to address depth/talent issues on the offensive line.  I can also see us looking to acquire depth in the secondary and maybe a defensive lineman as well.  Also, I can see us looking at another TE after the June cap cuts.  Thoughts?

289897[/snapback]

Using draft picks to improve the offensive line will help down the line but not this year. I think your right in that they will use that No 2 pick on an offensive linemen but what has TD done to improve a line that was in dire need of improvement WITH Jonas Jennings?

I believe that the Bills will pull the trigger for LJ Shelton. They will then use their second round pick on a center that they will plug in at LG ala Jake Grove with Oakland. They will then release Teague after the season and switch the LG to Center for the next 8 years.

This LJ for Henry is just a game of chicken. We will see who flinches but this deal will get done.

I believe that the Bills will pull the trigger for LJ Shelton.  They will then use their second round pick on a center that they will plug in at LG ala Jake Grove with Oakland.  They will then release Teague after the season and switch the LG to Center for the next 8 years.

This LJ for Henry is just a game of chicken.  We will see who flinches but this deal will get done.

289911[/snapback]

Indy....

You are thinking the same way I am.....I think that the bills aquire shelton.....and then draft Spencer (or if they move up possibly Baas) who will play the LG spot....backed up by Tucker......

Indy....

You are thinking the same way I am.....I think that the bills aquire shelton.....and then draft Spencer (or if they move up possibly Baas) who will play the LG spot....backed up by Tucker......

289931[/snapback]

Yeah. I mean TD is no fool. I think he understands he has a raw Qb and must dramatically upgrade the line now. Those moves are economical and make sense and most importantly improve the team. Anyone that really believes the braintrust are sitting back and thinking well Jason Peters could really be something THIS year at LT is crazy!! He is a project and it may work out but not this year. On Defense... I still have a feeling when we clear some cap room we are going to make a splash to compensate for the lose of Pat Williams. Not sure who but a Ty Law type, Pat Surtain... Something along those lines.

Indy....

289931[/snapback]

It seems TD is collecting interchangeble o-linemen. I believe - because it has been his draft day modus operandi- that TD will continue to place form over function. He drafts athletes. NE Pats employ Vrable, Troy Brown( past tense), Seymour et al in situational roles very effectively. Naturally Shelton's status and McNally's faith in Bannon or Peter's are info we do not know that is critical to the decision of the course of the draft.

Anyone that really believes the braintrust are sitting back and thinking well Jason Peters could really be something THIS year at LT is crazy!! He is a project and it may work out but not this year. 

289944[/snapback]

Thank you...and the same goes for Bannan!

Not bad for a guy who is the president of the Sape fan club! :doh:

I think the Bills will use at least 2 of the picks in this year's draft to address depth/talent issues on the offensive line.  Thoughts?

289897[/snapback]

If both of those OL picks are made on day 2, I think this board will explode. :doh:

I think the Bills will use at least 2 of the picks in this year's draft to address depth/talent issues on the offensive line.  I can also see us looking to acquire depth in the secondary and maybe a defensive lineman as well.  Also, I can see us looking at another TE after the June cap cuts.  Thoughts?

289897[/snapback]

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "depth" in the secondary. With the very real possibility of losing Clements in 06 and MaGee returning kicks, I am thinking that we need an immediate impact player.

You know me. I have been screaming OL on this board for 7 or so years. I just think that TD will continue the Bills tradition of neglecting the OL and draft a corner with the first selection. :doh:

I have been screaming OL on this board for 7 or so years. I just think that TD will continue the Bills tradition of neglecting the OL and draft a corner with the first selection.  :)

290132[/snapback]

Bill...It's bad karma. Think positive. TD will pick OL in round 2 and 3. :doh:

sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else, but didn't MM confirm in a recent interview that he has spoken to teague about shifting to LT? do we now think that is perhaps a smokescreen to make AZ believe we don't need shelton as much as they need henry?

289897[/snapback]

If they didn't address the line, then TD should be run outta town. JP won't make it better just becuz he's under center now.

It was painful to watch Willis scratch and fight for 3 yards on a consistent basis. I won't even go into the pass protection probs we had either.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "depth" in the secondary. With the very real possibility of losing Clements in 06 and MaGee returning kicks, I am thinking that we need an immediate impact player.

You know me. I have been screaming OL on this board for 7 or so years. I just think that TD will continue the Bills tradition of neglecting the OL and draft a corner with the first selection.  :lol:

290132[/snapback]

I mean having more than one or two reliable players on the outside, that's what I mean. If we lose Clements then that's something to deal with, but I hope we don't turn another blind eye to the line to prepare for a future problem.

No, I don't know you. Have we met?