Kyle Crabbs’ Mock Draft 5.0: Bills take DE Clelin Farrell

YoloinOhio

i don't know the specifics of the 5th year option, but i have a gut feeling shaq could come into play somewhere. for example, this free agent class of dt's and de's are littered with stars at a great age.  if they find themselves stuck at 9, they could go either spot.

if they sign one or the other in free agency, they can go bpa at the other spot. they could pick up a great dt in fa and go edge in the draft or the other way around.

this could leave shaq as a bargaining chip for a trade up later or facilitate quite a tasty trade in another way. i like the way he has progressed, but at best he's an average edge setter with an average ceiling of around 4 sacks.

if they shoot big with free agent oline guys and a decent receiver, that gives them a lot of room to go bpa from our 2nd pick on. i just got  feeling about shaq.

remember, we got the first pick in the 3rd for tierod.

Edited by billsredneck1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

We are hanging our collective hat on Allen and yet we invest in a defensive unit that is pretty strong already?   I don’t get it.   Improving our offense will go a long way in making our defense even better. 

We can still invest heavily on offense with multiple free agents and the other 9 draft picks. We need a pass rusher who requires double teams. We do not have one.

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

GTFOH with doomsday scenario! Ferrell is the real deal. As I've said many times, devote all other resources to offense, but find a STUD pass rusher. If Jonah Williams is half as good as many on this board claim, this is a slam dunk pick. He abused him in the NC game. I'd like the see him run in the 4.6 range and do well in the 3 cone, which I think he will. Also, we're supposed to avoid Clemson DE's? Please. Remember that bum from Cal who slipped in the draft because his predecessors failed? Think he plays for the Packers.

Whenever there is 3 plus lineman drafted off the same dline it is dicey at best projecting who will be the best at the next level.  I dont care what school.  They are awarded more 1 on 1 match ups that many other players with similar grades were not rewarded.  Doesnt mean they wont be successful but it's a risk for a top 10 pick.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Whenever there is 3 plus lineman drafted off the same dline it is dicey at best projecting who will be the best at the next level.  I dont care what school.  They are awarded more 1 on 1 match ups that many other players with similar grades were not rewarded.  Doesnt mean they wont be successful but it's a risk for a top 10 pick.  

Yeah. I watched him quite a bit this season and he was always making plays. Sometimes doubled. Sometimes singled.

He DOMINATED what many considered to be the top LT in the draft in the NC game. I get the trepidation, but I like him alot as a player despite the broader points.