Bills Sign WR Victor Bolden from 49ers Practice Squad, Place RB Marcus Murphy on IR, and Workout Eight Players

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Come on now Clay qualifies as serviceable. He might be overpaid by a lot, but he’s a starting NFL TE....  overall including blocking he’s a top 15-20 TE

I think he used to be one. I don't think he is anymore. There are a few teams around the league that actually have two tight ends who are better than him. I think he is more in the 40 range. 

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he used to be one. I don't think he is anymore. There are a few teams around the league that actually have two tight ends who are better than him. I think he is more in the 40 range. 

Even 40 range might pass as serviceable again crediting his blocking strength.

either way though happy to see an upgrade to a really good tight end ASAP. 

Still i I wonder cap- wise if there is any benefit to cutting him....  if Roman sticks in Baltimore maybe they can pawn clay  off to them for an eight rounder or back up long snapper? 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Even 40 range might pass as serviceable again crediting his blocking strength.

either way though happy to see an upgrade to a really good tight end ASAP. 

Still i I wonder cap- wise if there is any benefit to cutting him....  if Roman sticks in Baltimore maybe they can pawn clay  off to them for an eight rounder or back up long snapper? 

I mean I don't blame him. He really never was a true #1 and got overpaid because the Bills paid him. But he has not been worth it at all. From day 1 he was more of a full back and doesn't have the length and height to excel in teh middle of field. Plus he's had injury issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he is completely out of the league next year. He's a good blocker, but so was Lee Smith. Smith by the way has three more touchdowns than Clay this year. Lee has three touchdowns. Clay has zero. 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Logic said:

I can't bring myself to question McDermott and Beane any more when it comes to scrap heap and no-name free agent signings.

I DID notice that the Rams waived Pharoah Cooper, who was a 1st team All-Pro kick returner in 2017. Can't help but think that signing him and stashing him for next year would be a great boost to our special teams.

Stash him where? He isnt eligble for IR or PS , is he? Haven't heard if he cleared waivers

On 12/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Logic said:

I can't bring myself to question McDermott and Beane any more when it comes to scrap heap and no-name free agent signings.

I DID notice that the Rams waived Pharoah Cooper, who was a 1st team All-Pro kick returner in 2017. Can't help but think that signing him and stashing him for next year would be a great boost to our special teams.

Just awarded to Arizona

On 12/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, BillsSB2020 said:

How many people used to scoff at these signing and now find themselves reading everything they can about these guys? 

To those that want big guys, speed kills and suits Allen's game better. I think they'll find a big target in the offseason, but it's clear they're prioritizing speed at the position. I like it.

They also need a kick returner at the moment.  We still have 2 games to play.