Happy Birthday to Bills' Hall of Famer Billy Shaw - Retire Number 66!

26CornerBlitz

I go back to the rockpile. The threads are very few on the old days. Says mike Mosley and Alvin Wyatt.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The injury that ended his career was rather unfortunate.  He was so good!

Lawrence mccutcheon hit Robert James at rich stadium at an exhibition game I believe.

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

I go back to the rockpile. The threads are very few on the old days. Says mike Mosley and Alvin Wyatt.

Lawrence mccutcheon hit Robert James at rich stadium at an exhibition game I believe.

It's all the Saimes to you. :)

I was there when he was hurt on the pick. :cry:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

That's because nobody ever threw to the receiver Robert James was covering. 

Ever.

Billy Shaw reportedly lost over an inch in height based on blocking.

The only guy that owned Ernie Ladd.

...LOL...remember his wrestling career?...Ernie "The Big Cat" Ladd...............

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

There are still plenty of us here, reigning in the pups.

He played in our very 1st game in ‘60 and throughout our AFL days. But Sestak was the better player of those teams. 

Butch Byrd STILL holds the record for most interceptions. I’ve never seen another Conerback remotely look like him.

Shaw and Sestak were both great players.  But they were like apples and oranges; Shaw was a guard and Sestek was a defensive lineman.  Both retired much too early because of injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...cement mixin' Billy.......took time off from that regular job to play ball for the Bills at a WHOPPING $18 grand a year.......beer and a butt at his locker post game LOL.......season is over and back to real work......had to wait for retirement until 66 for FULL Social Security because his NFL pension was HUGE (COUGH)....good show Shaw.....

Accounting for inflation...that's over $100k.  Poor guy!  Playing a kids game and making a boatload of money lol

Edited by Johnnycage46

7 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Shaw and Sestak were both great players.  But they were like apples and oranges; Shaw was a guard and Sestek was a defensive lineman.  Both retired much too early because of injuries.

Point taken. Sestak would swing a game with a couple incredible stand out plays. Cookie, Jackie & Golden Wheels got all the credit for Shaws’ great blocks.