Derek Anderson Has Finally Cleared the NFL Concussion Protocol; Speaks to the Media for the 1st Time Since Being Injured

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

I ran across a poster who knew a lot more about Culley than I did, and had nothing but praise for what he can do for a QB. I was willing to take a "wait and see approach"

I think that McBeane knew that they were going to go all-in for a QB last year and there is a reason they pulled in Culley and Daboll who spent 2 years as a QB coach and has had endorsements from QBs he has worked with. 

I do think that there is a difference between having QB coaches to turn to and having a veteran QB on the sideline with a clipboard helping settle the nerves. Maybe a young QB is a bit more comfortable asking situational questions from someone who has actually been there done that.

Whatever the formula, I think it is clear that Josh is learning week from week and he seems to have the right people around him that are helping him get there.

Agreed. The knee jerk hot stove reaction to fire everyone, that was running rampant on the boards by mid-season, clearly hasn’t been aging quite as well. I was just as guilty of that as anyone else, where it concerned Culley and Daboll. Allen is making undeniable leaps and bounds (no pun intended) advances to his game week over week, and we would be foolish to tinker with whatever is working for him right now. Obviously we have to build up the talent pool around him, but I’m coming around as to his coaching/mentoring resources in place already. 

Two possibilities:  One, cut him, he signs with the Raiders.  All QBs seem to since Davis hired Gruden.  Second possibility, cut him, he signs with ‘One Bills Live From One Bills Drive’.  Even after getting his bell rung, he’s still a better extemporaneous speaker than Tasker.  Then again, Murphy seems to sound like an insufferable prick the last month or so when I tune in, maybe they let Anderson and Tasker host the show.

19 hours ago, WideNine said:

I ran across a poster who knew a lot more about Culley than I did, and had nothing but praise for what he can do for a QB. I was willing to take a "wait and see approach"

I think that McBeane knew that they were going to go all-in for a QB last year and there is a reason they pulled in Culley and Daboll who spent 2 years as a QB coach and has had endorsements from QBs he has worked with. 

I do think that there is a difference between having QB coaches to turn to and having a veteran QB on the sideline with a clipboard helping settle the nerves. Maybe a young QB is a bit more comfortable asking situational questions from someone who has actually been there done that.

Whatever the formula, I think it is clear that Josh is learning week from week and he seems to have the right people around him that are helping him get there.

I think you are referencing 716. He's an insightful fella and defends Culley. For whatever reason, Josh has played better after the injury and the arrival of Anderson. Culley may be golden, for all I know, though I sure hope they are considering a new coach for the o-line.

• Like (+1) 1