Sal Maiorana Says Bills Should Move on from McCoy in 2019; MJD Says He's a Lock for Canton; McDermott Excited to Have McCoy as Part of Bills' Future

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

?Coach McDermott talking about offense and Offensive plans?

like asking a Plummer to fix my Wireless.

Coach, you just stick to defense.  Your tenure has led this offense to 18.9 points a game to now 15.2 points per game.  Absolutely awful.

Daboll and Allen find and assess the weaknesses in the sexondary.  Process players like Zay, Foster, and Croom suffer from lack of concentration and wanting to be big name playmakers.  Can flip them for draft picks at this point.  

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

If McCoy has a future here does that mean punitive measures for press conferences are no longer happening?  Did he manage to get a taking to himself in this process?

Quick Hits: Sean McDermott Reaffirms Commitment to LeSean McCoy

rn1wzjflr2pmhglahtpm.jpg

McDermott and McCoy on the same page
It was said a few weeks ago in an on-air interview by GM Brandon Beane. Head coach Sean McDermott reaffirmed his and the Bills commitment to LeSean McCoy for the 2019 season.

“Overall, I’m really excited about where we’re going and LeSean being a part of that,” said McDermott. “I know this year wasn’t what he had hoped it would be and the biggest thing is I want to see is what we’re going to do to get it back to where it needs to be. I think he’s committed to that cause as are we.”

McCoy when asked about the 2018 season following last Sunday’s game admitted it has been one of the toughest years he’s experienced in the league. In the next breath he expressed that he likes playing for the Bills organization and would like that to continue.

“I’m a good player. I love it here and we’ll see what happens, but I know who I am, so I’m not worried about that,” McCoy said.

McDermott also would not get into details about McCoy not starting Sunday due to a disciplinary issue. He credited his feature back for being accountable with respect to his misstep. McDermott later reiterated that he fully believes McCoy’s game will return to form next season when improvements are made on offense.

“LeSean is a pro,” he said. “He’s played at a very high level for a long period of time. I expect him to get back on track.”

It's hard to feel positive about McBeane fixing the O when they seem intent on bringing back one of the worst RBs in the league this year. The only way this makes sense is if Shady were to restructure his deal, but from what I have seen from Shady in his time here I don't expect that to happen, we'll see.

IMO, Shady's elusive running style, predicated on agility and quickness, won't allow him to be one of those rare RBs that run well into their 30's.

2 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

So basically he is going to restructure his contract in order to stay here next year. Smart move, I think he realized his market is pretty dry at this point.  

This could quite possibly be the case with him signing some kind of "extension" with a lower cap hit for 2019.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This could quite possibly be the case with him signing some kind of "extension" with a lower cap hit for 2019.

....so do you think he would accept it?.....he's due roughly $6+ mil in 2019.....so how would you structure a one year extension?.......just askin'....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so do you think he would accept it?.....he's due roughly $6+ mil in 2019.....so how would you structure a one year extension?.......just askin'....

It would be a two year extension that lowers his cap number for 2019 with him possibly being released after the season.  Just spit balling as it might not happen at all with cap money not being an issue in '19 or '20. 

Regardless, he'll be back next season.