Urban Meyer retiring after Rose Bowl

YoloinOhio

Not surprised. Rumors swirling since summer that he could be stepping away and his brain cyst is no joke. I don’t think he wants this but I believe he has been convinced it’s the best thing for his health. 

Thoughts on Ryan Day?

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Please keep coach Mick. Please keep Johnson. Please keep Wilson. 

Coach Stud? A month ago I would have said definitely not. Now I’m not so sure. 

Same feelings about Stud. He’s gotten some looks from other schools, interestingly. Marroti is an urban guy so that will be one to watch. Hartline is a rising star and could see him moving up the ranks quickly.

Ive heard Marcus freeman could be getting a look to work with Alex grinch. He’s fickell’s DC right now. 

Spielman predicts Wilson will stay.  

Pantoni staying is huge 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same feelings about Stud. He’s gotten some looks from other schools, interestingly. Marroti is an urban guy so that will be one to watch. Hartline is a rising star and could see him moving up the ranks quickly.

Ive heard Marcus freeman could be getting a look to work with Alex grinch. He’s fickell’s DC right now. 

Spielman predicts Wilson will stay.  

Pantoni staying is huge 

Huge. 

He was great on TV, i thought, that year he took off of coaching. But there is no way he would work for Espn again after the way they treated him this year. I could see him going to fox. Would love to see him stay at the university in some capacity. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what's he going to do with the 20 hours a day free that he spent coaching all these years?

Press conference at 2 where he may elaborate but I think he’s going to be involved still in the program. His son plays baseball at UC and his son in law is an assistant. I do expect he will be back and forth to Florida - they have a house there too. I would expect media work and part time involvement in recruiting, etc from what I hear. His contract outlines an admin role if he wants it. 

He is going to hate not coaching but his health issue is serious. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Press conference at 2 where he may elaborate but I think he’s going to be involved still in the program. His son plays baseball at UC and his son in law is an assistant. I do expect he will be back and forth to Florida - they have a house there too. I would expect media work and part time involvement in recruiting, etc from what I hear. His contract outlines an admin role if he wants it. 

He is going to hate not coaching but his health issue is serious. 

AD when Gene retires?

1 minute ago, Willyville Guy said:

AD when Gene retires?

I heard that discussed. Media doesn’t think shaking hands and kissing babies and booster ***** is in his blood. They think he’s a football coach through and through and would not love the AD role. I could certainly see him in some kind of consultant role and involved in recruiting. But I don’t think he will want Day to be looking over his shoulder so it’s a tight rope to walk as far a how much he will be around.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you haven’t seen this yet I encourage it... Cris Carter gets very real about the situation. 

There is no greater windbag on sports TV than renowned neurologist Dr. Chris Carter.............are you really marching that out for GRAVITY?:rolleyes:

Espn was forcefully fellating Urban on sportscenter and then they put Paul Finebaum on and he just calmly declared that the University and Urban have been working on a mutual parting of the ways since the domestic violence/coverup controversy and that he will be back in coaching again soon.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.