Is Josh Allen faster than Tyrod Taylor???

Mac14

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

^^^This.

Tyrod was great with his legs, but it was easier to stop him because you didnt have to worry about him beating you with his arm. With Josh, you have to account for both. That's why I think he's going to be our QB for a long time. He'll take whichever is there, and will make a big play out of it either way.

I think the Dolphin's coach basically said the same thing saying the defense couldn't collapse down on him because he could burn them if they made an opening.

If I had to guess, I think it’s close but I bet Taylor has a little more initial acceleration and twitchy agility, but Allen may have a little more top end speed and certainly more power.  I think TT wins a 40 and Allen could win the 100.  Allens long gate would allow him to gain on a longer sprint.

But then there is pads on in game speed...Allen seems to be both stronger and maybe even more athletic overall.  And I think that translates to him being a quicker and more efficient in game rusher too.  Plus Allen seems more decisive in his decisions.  Even when TT would run, he was struggling with downfield reads and it wasn’t as quickly committed or would try and fake like he was still gonna throw to try and keep defense from coming to stop his run.  

Allen makes his reads and then commits to a decision faster already than TT and that helps him explode more on a run.  Like a RB who dances too much versus a RB who makes a quick cut and explodes through a hole.  That RB may not be as fast in a 40 time as the dancing RB, but in game he will be faster and more explosive.