Anyone interested in Atlanta area TBD/Bills fan get together?

buffaloboyinATL

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

CONGRATS!!!!   I will consider the birth of your child, and the survival of Josh’s baby making stuff as a sign. We shall see you there!!!

But seriously, what part of town are you in? This would be, to my knowledge, the first TBD ATL event, so anything is possible. Do you have a favorite strip club?  ?

I didn’t start this, but I’d like to see it come off in some (decent) fashion. Lunch is hard for many coming from such distances, but maybe a little happy hour somewhere or a Saturday meet and greet lunch. We’re are not the relaxed little hamlet of the  518  which  @mead107 enjoys. We seem to have Roswell to Newnan covered so far, which is, in Mead terms New Hampshire to Kentucky! (You know I kid, but barely.) . I’m around the Vinings (Padriacs?) which is kind of in the middle, and Whitehall Tavern is more south Buckhead. 

Let us know and please keep checking in. Just looking for thoughts at this point. 

Currently sit OTP up towards Buford/Hamilton Mill area— When I first moved here about 15 years ago, I lived off North Druid Hills close to all the downtown action. Fast forward through marriage and kids and career and voila, here I am in the suburbs! I also have in-laws in the Kennesaw/Marietta area so we make the cross-town trek on 85/285/75 a good bit, which would get me over a whole lot closer to your neck of the woods in Vinings for sure on occasion. Buckhead would definitely be more of a field trip at this point lol 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Currently sit OTP up towards Buford/Hamilton Mill area— When I first moved here about 15 years ago, I lived off North Druid Hills close to all the downtown action. Fast forward through marriage and kids and career and voila, here I am in the suburbs! I also have in-laws in the Kennesaw/Marietta area so we make the cross-town trek on 85/285/75 a good bit, which would get me over a whole lot closer to your neck of the woods in Vinings for sure on occasion. Buckhead would definitely be more of a field trip at this point lol 

Unless you live in a certain size city, you don’t realize what an effort it is to go “across town”! It sounds almost quaint in Buffalo.

I’m not pushing anything (even if it’s the most convenient to me....I have all the time in the world so a little extra travel is fine) but Padriacs in the Vinings is right off of 75/285 and between the south folks and the northern folks. Easy access. Again, I didn’t start this and I’m not trying to drive it, so what do people think and who are we missing? 

lol, yes, most of my relatives up in the rural north of western PA have little conception of what traffic/drive times are in metro A; my poor mother had to basically close her eyes when I picked the folks up from Hartsfield the first time and they couldn’t get over how many lanes there were on 85 ?

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

lol, yes, most of my relatives up in the rural north of western PA have little conception of what traffic/drive times are in metro A; my poor mother had to basically close her eyes when I picked the folks up from Hartsfield the first time and they couldn’t get over how many lanes there were on 85 ?

Before we moved here from Florida, my mother would visit my local niece and marvel! “She knows what lane to be in!” It seems so silly, but it’s SO true! Don’t get into the wrong lane or you can be screwed! 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks jboyst for drawing my attention to this thread.

This thread makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Sad because it means the BBA club has fallen so far from our glory of a few years ago where EVERY Bills fan in Atlanta was coming in for the games, so most of the Atlanta people on this board were getting together every week anyways.

But now, Whitehall suuuuucks (the wings suck, there is no cell reception, the staff hates the Bills and Bills fans and they refuse to take down the Brady jersey on the wall), AND word is they are adding another NFL club next year that we will have to share the space with. Frrrrrrt.

We struggled with the idea of adding a second location at Medlock a few years ago but gave in to suburban demand. And now The Standard decided it is going to be an unofficial Bills bar, and Duffs popped up in Newnan... and now everyone is spread out and there isnt really a GOOD Bills scene at any of them. Bummer.

But I digress...

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thanks jboyst for drawing my attention to this thread.

This thread makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Sad because it means the BBA club has fallen so far from our glory of a few years ago where EVERY Bills fan in Atlanta was coming in for the games, so most of the Atlanta people on this board were getting together every week anyways.

But now, Whitehall suuuuucks (the wings suck, there is no cell reception, the staff hates the Bills and Bills fans and they refuse to take down the Brady jersey on the wall), AND word is they are adding another NFL club next year that we will have to share the space with. Frrrrrrt.

We struggled with the idea of adding a second location at Medlock a few years ago but gave in to suburban demand. And now The Standard decided it is going to be an unofficial Bills bar, and Duffs popped up in Newnan... and now everyone is spread out and there isnt really a GOOD Bills scene at any of them. Bummer.

But I digress...

WOW! I didn’t realize Whitehall had declined. I used to go and loved it (and Hudson Grill midtown before that).  I admit the enthusiasm of 300+ people was VERY cool, but the game experience was better at home after the first few weeks (you know, when hope faded...). That was before uber was so prevalent, so that might win me back now. 

I’m by the Vinings and the same folks opened Creatwood Tavern and I go to both places for lunch (my son is about a mile from Whitehall), and the wings are pretty good (not Duffs, just all things considered), but I bet game day overwhelmed them. 

I understand wanting something that’s easy to get to, but I want it to be ALL Bills. Even Padriacs near me in the Vinings has been watered down and may have Bills or Falcons sound, depending upon who shows up in volume and how early. 

I went to the packers game, and @plenzmd1 rented a house from some 28 year old guy who had two rentals near Lambeau. This guy rents them out 8 weekends a year and pays the bills. We should all buy a big Bills party house, and do it right! Just don’t burn it down doing your wings! 

Any suggestions for gameday or non-gameday get together? I’d be happy with a lunch or Happy Hour to talk it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Before stumbling across TBD (at first came for the Bills news aggregator feature after BN erected their paywalls) I really have felt like I was on an island down here with no way of really connecting with other Bills fans (normally avoid social media like the plague so my own fault I know) locally. Glad to know you guys are around, and have already informed the missus (aka gotten permission after fair enough advance warning ?) that when the word is given, I will need to break out from domestic duties for an afternoon. Looking forward to it soon hopefully 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...