13 Killed; 18 Hurt in So. Cal. Bar Mass Shooting

Fadingpain

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Wasn’t there some investigative report a while back where the “journalist” brought a camera crew to a gun shop to show how scary easy it is to get a gun, only to fail the NICS check? 

I have no idea. I haven’t seen that. But I can say, In my personal instances I’ve had to wait and I’m a LEO. 

23 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

The bouncer was the first person shot. I guess there should have been two? 

There are no easy answers, but that doesn't mean we should shy away from it. 

Dealing with it, in my opinion, means a combination of security improvements, mental health resources, enforcement of existing laws, and yes, changes to existing firearm rules and regulations. 

The onion nailed it years ago: ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

No truth here and you source the onion. Fitting

Hysteria!  Think of the children!  When can we take away everyone's freedom so you feel safe?

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Wasn’t there some investigative report a while back where the “journalist” brought a camera crew to a gun shop to show how scary easy it is to get a gun, only to fail the NICS check? 

Yes, but one bad egg doesn't ruin the dozen.  I'm sure you're just as concerned about the undercover recount vote videos, planned Parenthood videos destroyed by Kamala Harris, footage of money going to illegally funded pac's, etc.

Bad ***** happens. Literally, I could not care one less bit.

17 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The biggest reason you don't a lot of gun violence in Canada is it takes a lot of work to become licensed to have a gun here. Here they do background checks and it takes sometimes up to a year to get your license. What makes no sense is how each state has their own laws for guns. Here in Canada its federally legislated and you're only allowed handguns, shotguns and rifles. No semi-auto is allowed. 

I think if the U.S. followed the way Canada does with getting a license it would help. 

Cool.  The reason you don't have a lot of lions eating a lot of people in Canada is because your logic is terrible and apples and oranges on the basic rights to the Canadian people are different. Two different countries, a lot less people, and a fabric built entirely different.

You'd never be able to seize every gun here, anyway. I don't own a gun and yet id behave as if I owned one to protect the rights of those who do.

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Takes forever to get an Illinois FOID card.  Son & I applied... I wanna say couple of months?

I don’t know what the time frame is on a pistol permit here in NY but last I heard it was like 12+ months. Or maybe that was a Concealed Carry permit. Either way, it’s a long time. Then on top of it you have to wait multiple days for the NICS check after you finally do get your permits. 

Supposedly He posted this during shootings:

Yikes!

"Furthermore, in a Facebook update attributed to Long by CNN, which said it was posted around the time of the shootings, he writes: "I hope people call me insane (laughing emojis).. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'.. or 'keep you in my thoughts'... every time... and wonder why these keep happening...""

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Supposedly He posted this during shootings:

Yikes!

"Furthermore, in a Facebook update attributed to Long by CNN, which said it was posted around the time of the shootings, he writes: "I hope people call me insane (laughing emojis).. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'.. or 'keep you in my thoughts'... every time... and wonder why these keep happening...""

C.biscuit is standing proud and tall today.

• Haha (+1) 1