Sessions Resigns as AG

Another powerful rebuke of the administration. A letter from more than 400 former Justice Department employees: “Mr. Whitaker has not been confirmed by the Senate, his qualifications to be the nation’s chief law enforcement officer have not been publicly reviewed, and he has not been fully vetted for any potential conflicts of interest. … We therefore call on the President to follow the Constitutional process by nominating an Attorney General, and replacing Mr. Whitaker as Acting Attorney General with the Senate-confirmed official who is next in the line of succession by operation of federal law.”

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Another powerful rebuke of the administration. A letter from more than 400 former Justice Department employees: “Mr. Whitaker has not been confirmed by the Senate, his qualifications to be the nation’s chief law enforcement officer have not been publicly reviewed, and he has not been fully vetted for any potential conflicts of interest. … We therefore call on the President to follow the Constitutional process by nominating an Attorney General, and replacing Mr. Whitaker as Acting Attorney General with the Senate-confirmed official who is next in the line of succession by operation of federal law.”

:lol:  People are now demanding that Trump nominate someone immediately to be confirmed by a lame-duck Senate. 

That is awesome.  Best troll ever.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Cue the "Trump's nominating someone before the next Congress is seated!  This nomination is unconstitutional!"

Not only that, but Trump nominated someone in an election year! #IMPEACH

I think we need to hope and expect that he has more integrity and reverence for the law than Eric Holder or Lorretta Lynch.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have to admit - I read this too fast while walking to my car and thought you said Joni Mitchell:oops::lol:

Were you walking through her parking lot?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think we need to hope and expect that he has more integrity and reverence for the law than Eric Holder or Lorretta Lynch.

Were you walking through her parking lot?

It made me stop because I was thinking, "That's either a new Gator-ism... or a joke... or... (realization sets in) I'm a moron"