Reason 4,217,441 that I'm leaving the South

They're not showing it because they are afraid people won't pay to see it. It's all about your audience. Would you show a Miami Dolphins highlight video in downtown Buffalo? No, because you know no one would go see it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must not want to hear the truth.  You're one of those liberals, aren't you?  Those liberals are just so blah blah blah blah....

284874[/snapback]

They sure are! Damn blah blah liberals.

After the first couple of rants, it all sounds the same to me.

284933[/snapback]

:-) Me too. Maybe it's just because I'm not smart enough to be a *insert favorite political party here*.

Some cows are better than others. Some crops are better than others. Evolution exists, but if that is all there is, then you must accept the fact that some human species must be better than others. That is, a master race has to exist according to evolution. Why should homo sapiens buck the evolutionary trend? Yet, we rightfully reject that notion. Poor science, but there it is.

Homo sapiens are the better species that survived, as opposed to Neadrethals who had larger bodies but smaller brains. And I believe there has been a recent discovery that there may also have been another type of prehistoric man that didn't survive.

Some cows are better than others. Some crops are better than others. Evolution exists, but if that is all there is, then you must accept the fact that some human species must be better than others.  That is, a master race has to exist according to evolution.  Why should homo sapiens buck the evolutionary trend?  Yet, we rightfully reject that notion.  Poor science, but there it is.

Blzrule on the PPP section put it thusly: "If we are made of goo, until someone can explain where the goo came from, creationism has it's place...".

284879[/snapback]

I'm no scientist, but aren't homo sapiens all part of the same species? Race and species aren't the same thing, right?

Homo sapiens are the better species that survived, as opposed to Neadrethals who had larger bodies but smaller brains.  And I believe there has been a recent discovery that there may also have been another type of prehistoric man that didn't survive.

284954[/snapback]

You miss the point Joe. What about variations between homo sapiens, like variations in other species? Why is the existence of variation in us rejected, yet accepted in other species? If evolution was all there is, should not superior humans exist in the same fashion that superior crops and animals do?

You miss the point Joe. What about variations between homo sapiens, like variations in other species? Why is the existence of variation in us rejected, yet accepted in other species? If evolution was all there is, should not superior humans exist in the same fashion that superior crops and animals do?

284965[/snapback]

I think you grossly misunderstand the concept of genetic variation.

I live in Texas now and am a Bills fan. I must be a glutton for punishment.

But I must say it has been much easier the past few years. Cowboy Fans are having to experience some humility. I love it. :blink:

Unless you live or have lived in the south, you really have no idea how bizzare it can get.

A prime example is North Carolina. No state lottery. Schools massively underfunded. Recently our Governor, Mike Easley, was out trying to drum up support for a State Lotto. While visiting a church a member of the congregation approached the governor stating he and the rest of the church felt that gambling was a sin and would never vote for or take part in the devils work.

The really funny part of the story, he was trying to sell the governor a raffle ticket at the time.

284965[/snapback]

Actually no. Evolutionary changes are specific adaptations to local environment. There are grasses that grow in the north that do not grow in the south, does that make them an overall superior species? No, they just adapted to their environment.

Race in humans is also an example of adaptation. If you lived in hotter climates, you evolved a darker complexion. If you lived in a colder climate, you have a fairer complexion. How does that make a race superior?

Rush is a moron,and a hate monger.Period.

285015[/snapback]

As much as I disagree with many of the things Rush says, he is neither a hate monger nor a moron. I consider him extreme on occasion, but he's a bright guy. Much brighter than Al Franken, IMHO.

Unless you live or have lived in the south, you really have no idea how bizzare it can get.

A prime example is North Carolina. No state lottery. Schools massively underfunded. Recently our Governor, Mike Easley, was out trying to drum up support for a State Lotto. While visiting a church a member of the congregation approached the governor stating he and the rest of the church felt that gambling was a sin and would never vote for or take part in the devils work.

The really funny part of the story, he was trying to sell the governor a raffle ticket at the time.

285010[/snapback]

Was that on bingo night?