We finally have a great chance at the #1 overall pick

LFC24

22 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

why do so many ppl think this defensive performance can last the rest of the season?

Every top offensive team we have faced they blew us out. We have played 2 mediocre offenses in a row 

I can't speak for what "so many ppl" think.  I can only assume based on this statement that you're attributing that viewpoint to me...not sure why, since I didn't say that or even imply it.  Even if I had, I think what you're really trying to say is that you don't think that the defensive performance can last the rest of the season.  Okay, fine.  Do you think that it can last for 3-4 out of the 7 games that they play against beatable opponents?  Because that's the more relevant point.

As for your second statement, it's a relative non-sequitur.  I wouldn't call any of the opponents I listed as winnable games "top offensive teams", so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

6 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Fans would throw a fit, but it would probably be the correct move at the end of the day.

You don't reach for need, when a generational talent is staring you in the face.

And if you are looking long-term, you only have 1-2 years before Jerry Hughes' contract runs out.  Someone like Nick Bosa would be a valuable addition.

You do your best to upgrade the roster in Free Agency, hope that Josh Allen develops, cross your fingers that Shady doesn't take a big step back, and go for the most talented players available in the draft regardless of position.

I believe in BPA...as long as your QB is set. Look at the Giants, do you think they regret passing on a QB to take Barkley and waste a year of him and Beckham? Even if they take a QB this year, that's another year wasted of their 2 best players' primes. 

We took the QB, we have to insulate him. If they could trade down out of the top 10, get say an extra 2nd they could really fill some holes. They would have 1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5. That could easily be 2 OL that could start next year, a WR or 2 and a future RB or TE. 

I just think it's easier to find plug and play guys on D than O. I would rather they invest the picks in the offense. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

If the Bills DO get the top overall pick -- and I really doubt that's going to happen -- they HAVE to take Bosa. Have to. I realize edge rusher isn't the top "need", but it doesn't matter. You just can't pass on this guy.

More likely, they pick in the 6-11 range, like usual. My hope is that there's an offensive tackle or wide receiver at that spot that fits the value. My fear, however, is that there won't be. If that winds up being the case, they may have no choice but to take the top DE or DT or CB on the board. I know, I know. I'm just saying, you have to go where the value is, and it may not be at OT or WR, as much as we fans want it to be.

And that is a big problem for us going into this offseason; free agency doesn't even look to be adequate in the OL area and the WRs are #2s and 3s. We have a lot of $$ but not much to spend it on. 

59 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I believe in BPA...as long as your QB is set. Look at the Giants, do you think they regret passing on a QB to take Barkley and waste a year of him and Beckham? Even if they take a QB this year, that's another year wasted of their 2 best players' primes. 

We took the QB, we have to insulate him. If they could trade down out of the top 10, get say an extra 2nd they could really fill some holes. They would have 1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5. That could easily be 2 OL that could start next year, a WR or 2 and a future RB or TE. 

I just think it's easier to find plug and play guys on D than O. I would rather they invest the picks in the offense. 

Yup - would love to see us trade down if we end up in the top 12 picks even. Specifically I want us to land a top 5 and trade back for two potential 1st's this year from the Raiders, but otherwise just stack capital - we need OL and WR outside of the obligatory DB that should be drafted every year, every pick should be offensively focused.

I only saw a few bits and pieces of the game last night, but Arizona looks like it will be way out in front of us for the dead last spot.

Indy may be a contender as well.  Will be interesting to see how we match up against them on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I only saw a few bits and pieces of the game last night, but Arizona looks like it will be way out in front of us for the dead last spot.

Indy may be a contender as well.  Will be interesting to see how we match up against them on Sunday.

yup

curious how people see Sunday's Bills game with 80 points score combined.