The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

I just have a hard time picturing that after all of these years, there's another group in their immediate area that they're not yet aware of.  At least with the Whisperers, they're migrant.  Marking roads and attempting to toll them suggests that the group is settled and not moving around.

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just have a hard time picturing that after all of these years, there's another group in their immediate area that they're not yet aware of.  At least with the Whisperers, they're migrant.  Marking roads and attempting to toll them suggests that the group is settled and not moving around.

these highwaymen may also have just wandered into the area 

in the 6 years the communities split up.  Not sure of the dynamics of Hilltop and the Kingdom, but definitely Alexandria.  

53 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I didn't see them as bad guys as much as I saw them as desperate guys. They didn't seem like they wanted a fight.

true.

and they were lucky they ran into reasonable people 

4 hours ago, shrader said:

or they wandered in and found a settled place they thought they could strong arm for some goodies. They haven't been there long or they might have known The Kingdom was struggling.

Edited by Gary M

29 minutes ago, Gary M said:

or they wandered in and found a settled place they thought they could strong arm for some goodies. They haven't been there long or they might have known The Kingdom was struggling.

It's ironic.

Random group of well-fed dudes with well-fed horses, armed with firearms.

Kingdom:  On the verge of collapse, running out of everything, medieval weaponry

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's ironic.

Random group of well-fed dudes with well-fed horses, armed with firearms.

Kingdom:  On the verge of collapse, running out of everything, medieval weaponry

The one dude had a muzzle loader, which was weird because after they said they had guns I started think about how to make primer and powder, then realized a muzzleloader would be good to have. Which is cool because I have several.

Or the guns are just for show and intimidation. Just like how they were standing in a sea of mannequins to make it look like there were more of them. They know how to put on a show. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes. WTF?

3 min of show 5 min commercials 

Now we know why Michone has is

the way she is 

And the cut away is about as awkward as possible. AMC is going to get plenty of complaints. 

That commercial issue really hurt the episode. It seemed like each time they were giving back story on Michonne’s friend, it cut out. I never really knew what their deal was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Big deaths at the end of every season.  They always make it someone we learn to like.  It will probably be Henry but geez it better not be Judith.  That little girl is really a good actress.  And it's a great character, much to my surprise.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Big deaths at the end of every season.  They always make it someone we learn to like.  It will probably be Henry but geez it better not be Judith.  That little girl is really a good actress.  And it's a great character, much to my surprise.

She is a great little actor.  

On The Talking Dead they spoke about how she understands the roll and isn't just reciting lines.  

Looks like they left Henry at the Sanctuary (with Lydia).    I didn't get a good look at the night scene with Daryl being surrounded by the whisperers. 

Website shows a group searching for someone.
  Daryl Carol, Highwayman and 4 or 5 others.... 

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lydia has been really good too.  She's miles ahead of the other team actors who have been on this show.  Then again, she was given a lot more to work, starting off right away with the Daryl interrogation.

In terms of upcoming deaths, I couldn't imagine them putting Carol through yet another loss of a child.  It would give us the added bonus of getting killing machine Carol back, but man, she can't buy a break.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Lydia has been really good too.  She's miles ahead of the other team actors who have been on this show.  Then again, she was given a lot more to work, starting off right away with the Daryl interrogation.

In terms of upcoming deaths, I couldn't imagine them putting Carol through yet another loss of a child.  It would give us the added bonus of getting killing machine Carol back, but man, she can't buy a break.

I think TWD would cross so many lines by killing Judith but it would give a Negan a rich vengence/redemption storyline.    Something has to occur to get him released by Alexandria and turned lose on the Whisperers, and IMO, the Whisperers killing Judith, Michonne or Gabriel could be the plot device.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I think TWD would cross so many lines by killing Judith but it would give a Negan a rich vengence/redemption storyline.    Something has to occur to get him released by Alexandria and turned lose on the Whisperers, and IMO, the Whisperers killing Judith, Michonne or Gabriel could be the plot device.  

They wouldn't dare do anything to her at this point.  After last night, they're done for a while when it comes to killing off any children.  That whole thing loses its importance if any more follow it.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

They wouldn't dare do anything to her at this point.  After last night, they're done for a while when it comes to killing off any children.  That whole thing loses its importance if any more follow it.

Probably correct.  

• Haha (+1) 1