Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am telling you— this team historically has no luck with guys on the fence actually coming back. 

Where’s he gonna go though?  He’s likely a 2nd round draft pick at this point.  Does he develop in the D League for a bit?  Does he go to Europe?  I think he’ll make more in NIL money if he stays for a year.  I just don’t understand this.

51 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Where’s he gonna go though?  He’s likely a 2nd round draft pick at this point.  Does he develop in the D League for a bit?  Does he go to Europe?  I think he’ll make more in NIL money if he stays for a year.  I just don’t understand this.

I totally agree. He would be making a huge mistake by leaving now. He is one of a few guys who could significantly improve his draft stock by saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Realistically, even if he's drafted in the 1st round, he's going to play in the G-League for a bit. If he's a late 1st/early 2nd, he can lock in a 3 year deal around $6-8 million; Syracuse is not going to match that.

We'll see how it goes; like I said, I haven't personally heard anything yet, but my personal expectation the entire time has been that I would assume he's gone and if he comes back, that's great. I still think there's a chance he goes late 1st round this year if he stays in the draft; I know he has a lot of fans out there in the draft community and if teams agree that he could be a lottery pick next year, they'll likely be fine drafting him later in the 1st round this year to get him in the facility.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Realistically, even if he's drafted in the 1st round, he's going to play in the G-League for a bit. If he's a late 1st/early 2nd, he can lock in a 3 year deal around $6-8 million; Syracuse is not going to match that.

We'll see how it goes; like I said, I haven't personally heard anything yet, but my personal expectation the entire time has been that I would assume he's gone and if he comes back, that's great. I still think there's a chance he goes late 1st round this year if he stays in the draft; I know he has a lot of fans out there in the draft community and if teams agree that he could be a lottery pick next year, they'll likely be fine drafting him later in the 1st round this year to get him in the facility.

I totally get it, but I see it as immediate gratification as opposed to a potential larger pay day if he develops in college for another season.  I’m biased though.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I totally get it, but I see it as immediate gratification as opposed to a potential larger pay day if he develops in college for another season.  I’m biased though.

I agree with you

You’re going to also have an NBA spot that first season if your lottery pick

Judah Can cement his legacy if he comes back

On 5/7/2023 at 4:36 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Haven't heard anything really since the decision date was announced, but everything I had been hearing before that was sounding very good.

22 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If we end up landing Bethea (which, no insider knowledge here but I just get the vibe we will not) I won't know what to do with my hands.

Man, Bathea is a STUD.  Would potentially be our biggest commit since…Melo?  Anyway, everything I read is he likely staying close to home.  I bet Penn State gets him. 🤷🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Man, Bathea is a STUD.  Would potentially be our biggest commit since…Melo?  Anyway, everything I read is he likely staying close to home.  I bet Penn State gets him. 🤷🏾‍♂️

His recruiting rank is all over the place rn

Most have him top 60 … ON3 has him 30

one place has him top 15… consensus 4*

but he seems to be rising fast

On 5/12/2023 at 7:03 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have a good feeling about Naheem McLeod.  If we land him I’ll stop crying about Jesse Edwards.

I've heard it's pretty much a done deal we're getting him. Hopefully he fits in well but I'm more nervous about the PG position at this point as it's starting to sound more and more like Judah is gone.

• Agree 1