Travis Henry prepared to sit out

TD is just playing his cards, and The Cards. In all likelihood, since he hasn't pulled the trigger on a straight up swap (IF that is really what has been offered) he thinks he can get either an extra pick out of the Cards, and if that doesn't happen, get Shelton after he is cut for a lesser price. Sure, there is risk involved and perhaps he loses out. There is ZERO chance however, that MM and Jim McNally are telling him, and they do talk you know, that we NEED a LT so get us one quick before we're left out in the cold. There are not going to be a lot of teams willing to pay Shelton big bucks if he were to be cut at this point in the game.

IMO, TD will probably take the deal before the draft, he's just waiting to see if the Cards will sweeten the pot.

When all is said and done, and all the whining has settled, I could easily envision the Bills with Anderson, Shelton and Bass or one of the other second round centers, and we'll be fine on the line. After passing on Demulling at 2.2 mil a year after talking with his agent on a daily basis, the coaches must have told him we like our guys and be successful this year, we don't have to overpay. That will be shown on the field next year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope he gets fined for everyday he misses practice. I also hope the salary he is supposed to make this year gets used up in fines before the first day of regular season (may not happen). But man, I want this moron to literally pay for going public with his discontent.

283177[/snapback]

In my business (and I'm sure in others) the projects we are contracted to perform have clauses for 'liquidation damages.' That is, each job has a deadline. You commit to the deadline. If you miss the deadline, you have to pay the customer an ungodly amount of money ($5K-$10K PER DAY). If you're 10 days late on a million dollar project, you have to give $100K back to the customer. Very painful.

Sports agents should be like that. If Travis doesn't get dealt, and decides to sit out preseason, etc., his agent should participate in the fine. Every day TH isn't in camp, the agent has to pay the Bills $10,000.

Watch how fast Henry gets another job.

TD is just playing his cards, and The Cards. In all likelihood, since he hasn't pulled the trigger on a straight up swap (IF that is really what has been offered) he thinks he can get either an extra pick out of the Cards, and if that doesn't happen, get Shelton after he is cut for a lesser price. Sure, there is risk involved and perhaps he loses out. There is ZERO chance however, that MM and Jim McNally are telling him, and they do talk you know, that we NEED a LT so get us one quick before we're left out in the cold. There are not going to be a lot of teams willing to pay Shelton big bucks if he were to be cut at this point in the game.

IMO, TD will probably take the deal before the draft, he's just waiting to see if the Cards will sweeten the pot.

When all is said and done, and all the whining has settled, I could easily envision the Bills with Anderson, Shelton and Bass or one of the other second round centers, and we'll be fine on the line. After passing on Demulling at 2.2 mil a year after talking with his agent on a daily basis, the coaches must have told him we like our guys and be successful this year, we don't have to overpay. That will be shown on the field next year.

283197[/snapback]

KTD, are you willing to accept the claim by TH and his agent that an offer is on the tables as the in fact truth?

Personally, I have serious doubts.

In my business (and I'm sure in others) the projects we are contracted to perform have clauses for 'liquidation damages.' That is, each job has a deadline. You commit to the deadline. If you miss the deadline, you have to pay the customer an ungodly amount of money ($5K-$10K PER DAY). If you're 10 days late on a million dollar project, you have to give $100K back to the customer. Very painful.

Sports agents should be like that. If Travis doesn't get dealt, and decides to sit out preseason, etc., his agent should participate in the fine. Every day TH isn't in camp, the agent has to pay the Bills $10,000.

Watch how fast Henry gets another job.

283200[/snapback]

Precisely the origins of my disgust. If your job and my workplace is tough on employees, why pamper TH ? When I have to deal with looking over my shoulder every week to see if the axeman cometh, why does this pu**y feel entitled to a less than generous trade by TD ?

I don't have a problem with him going public.  What else can he do?

He has every right to fight for a starting job when he knows he is done

in Buffalo.

Unfortunately he does not have a agent like Rosenhaus.  Drew would

definitely have found a starting place for him by now (Oakland or

SF a month ago).  Look at what Drew was able to do for Plaxico.

283188[/snapback]

Ganesh,

By now it should have been obvious to TH that a starting job in the NFL is not his for the taking. He can go public for asking for a trade (which he did a few weeks back), but accusing TD of 'taking his own sweet time' did cross the line. TD can do whatever he wants as he owns TH for this season. TH's a** is TD's and TD can ask him to kiss his for as long as he wants.

You must be an !@#$!!!  How many adults do you know that have sex with 15 yr olds?  What are we supposed to respect that?  "Oh, it's OK, he gained over 1,000 yards"  Is that your logic?

Nice user name.............didn't Biscuit get prison time for a sex assault?  You better get a better grip about who & what you respect

282707[/snapback]

No need to go into attack mode. :P

TH was only about 21 when this happened. The girl was too young but must have looked older. Was it right? No, but sh-- happens, and we move on.

Why don't you bring up the problems that Eric Moulds had early in his career with children from more than one woman, and his japping on child support?

Let's hate him too, now. :blink:

KTD, are you willing to accept the claim by TH and his agent that an offer is on the tables as the in fact truth?

Personally, I have serious doubts.

283207[/snapback]

We're going to believe Travis and Travis's agent? Yeah, right.

Who the hell knows what were the conversations between The Cards and The Bills and Travis and his agent. I am sure 1000 things were said and each of the parties takes snippets of the conversations and presents them as the core of the issue. No one can believe anything anyone says in the press about these kinds of behind closed doors things. We can't even trust the reporters to get the goddamn quotes from the players and agents right, whether they were lying or not.

As I said, i think TD is just gambling. That is his job. I think he is good at it. I think he doesn't have a plan, he has 101 plans, and he makes decisions on a daily basis as new elements arise. He knows the positions he wants to fill and hw much he wishes to pay each particular player based on his own evaluation, his solid guys (Modrak and Guy, etc), his top coaches (MM, TC and JG) and his position coaches like McNally. He may have wanted Demulling at 2.0 million and not more. His agent said he spoke with TD and Overdorf on a daily basis and the Bills worked hard to get him. Working hard to get him doesnt mean opening your wallet. It means were giving in a little and then standing hard and we're willing to lose him at 2.2 mil because we think he's woeth 2.0 mil to us right now.

You lose players you want that way. You save money to use on other players. I think TD and his team are damn good negotiators and evaluators. They make some mistakes, obviously, but we have a talented roster. The players and the coaches, IMO, have let us fans down a helluva lot more than the GM and ownership in the four years of TD's reign.

Ganesh,

By now it should have been obvious to TH that a starting job in the NFL is not his for the taking. He can go public for asking for a trade (which he did a few weeks back), but accusing TD of 'taking his own sweet time' did cross the line. TD can do whatever he wants as he owns TH for this season. TH's a** is TD's and TD can ask him to kiss his for as long as he wants.

283216[/snapback]

TD is NOT going to spite his own players and coaches and owner and fans and his job just to scold or punish Travis Henry. He's going to do what he thinks is best for his team, which he is doing right now, trying to get the best he can for him.

TD is NOT going to spite his own players and coaches and owner and fans and his job just to scold or punish Travis Henry. He's going to do what he thinks is best for his team, which he is doing right now, trying to get the best he can for him.

283240[/snapback]

I agree with you & TH needs to understand that. But that is not what TH is saying to the press - he is basically accusing TD of undermining his own interests.

But that is not what TH is saying to the press - he is basically accusing TD of undermining his own interests.

283251[/snapback]

And therein lies the irony of TH's public statements. He, in turn, potentiall undermines TD's own interests. You get what you give. The difference between people like TD and people like TH is TD knows how to conduct business on his own terms and TH is a guy trying to get a better job.

And therein lies the irony of TH's public statements. He, in turn, potentiall undermines TD's own interests. You get what you give. The difference between people like TD and people like TH is TD knows how to conduct business on his own terms and TH is a guy trying to get a better job.

283256[/snapback]

Which brings us to the obvious conclusion that TH would have been better off publically supporting TD and getting a great deal for the Bills and himself. By showing himself to be a self-serving idiot, he hurts both efforts.

I agree with you & TH needs to understand that. But that is not what TH is saying to the press - he is basically accusing TD of undermining his own interests.

283251[/snapback]

Then it's our fault for taking these guys and what they say to the press at face value.

It's remarkable, actually, how this Travis bashing has evolved. This is generalizing but it seems to me half the folks are bashing Henry from refusing to accept the trade because he wanted a huge bonus and extension, and the other half are bashing him for being a moron and baby and threatening to sit out because he spouts off about TD not taking the straight up trade for Shelton.

An inquisitive fellow may stop a beat and wonder how those two things can be simultaneously true.

Which brings us to the obvious conclusion that TH would have been better off publically supporting TD and getting a great deal for the Bills and himself. By showing himself to be a self-serving idiot, he hurts both efforts.

283260[/snapback]

And that falls squarely on the shoulders of TH's agent. At some point the agent either (a) directed him to go public or (b) forgot to tell him to STFU until a deal is done. Either way...know your client, direct your client, get what's best for your client.

You know what's even worse? The only reason you go public is to get fans' panties in a wad and thereby put more pressure on TD. And while you ultimately have a few people who support Travis just to get a deal done, methinks the majority of fans are thinking: "Damn, maybe that Shelton deal still IS on the table. Sweet. STFU, Travis."

283240[/snapback]

That was a very fair and balanced statement. :blink: