Travis Henry prepared to sit out

Didn't you hear.... Travis told TD that he wanted to be traded to a state where the legal age of consent is 14 and above.

282691[/snapback]

TD: Sorry travis there are no pro football teams in Kentucky, West Virginia or Arkansas

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Henry over Bennett anyday. Bennett is a weakling. But we ARE talking about the Cardinals here.  :lol:

282780[/snapback]

Bennett is quick and can exploit the corners to keep the otside line backers and safeties honest. Is Travis better, maybe, but he is a slower inside runner, which allows teams to pack it in. Plus Travis cannot catch as well, nor can he block, whereas Bennett does both fairly well.

I just don't get why all this backlash at Travis is for.  Calling a guy stupid and trash, that just seems mean-spirited.  That's one of the thing I never got, when so called Bills fans bash guys like Travis and Flutie.  They busted their butts to play for this team and were warriors.  How many people were bashing Henry when he was the only true weapon we had on the offense in 2003.  Add to that the fact he was playing on a partially broken leg and could have done some serious damage.  What a jerk!!!  How selfish is that guy!!!    :lol:  Henry wants to be a starter and showed he could be in this league.  He lost job to a guy who maybe a great one.  But I don't blame Travis at all for wanting to go somewhere and start.  And how come it automatically assumed that TD isn't the one screwing things up.  Henry said it would be a deal to help both teams and he was right.  None of us know.  But the personal attacks just aren't necessary.  I'll remember the Henry who was a very good back, who play hard.  Running back careers are short and you need to get the money when you can.  But respect Travis for what he did for this team.  I hope he gets a shot, and I also hope McGahee is the best rb i nthe league.

282696[/snapback]

I guess you are kind of new here...once the Bills decide they are going to part ways with a player (and in some cases before) Bills fans re-write history, and warp reality, so they feel can feel like the team is making all the right moves, and they can sleep better at night...it is all part of that thin-skinned, inferiority complex that Buffalo, and Buffalonians seem to adhere too, for no good reason...said player, once no longer a Buffalo Bill, is a p.o.s. who never did anything to warrent their adoration...they forget just two seasons ago, when they were saying that McGahee, who had yet to play a down in the NFL, was a prima donna, didn't have the heart and grit that Henry has (or I guess I should say had!). Travis Henry's biggest crime is that he is not as good as Willis McGahee...ignore the fact that there are only a few backs who might be....Travis is a "scumbag, and p.o.s"...just wait until Willis McGahee is demanding a "break the bank or trade me" contract...it will be coming soon...

If I were TD I'd drag my feet too. By waiting, I:

(1) Reinforce to Shelton's agent that nobody else will be picking him up.

(2) Reinforce to TH's agent that I won't be bullied into accepting fair value.

(3) Keep my second round pick selection nice and cloudy for other owners (TD is a master at this)

(4) Show Travis he doesn't run the show.

282695[/snapback]

Good analysis... I think we sometimes fail to forget that football is a BUSINESS and nothing else. My bet would be on that TD is waiting for Arizona to be in the situation we either release Shelton or trade him. Therefore, henry goes to Arizona for Shelton, and we get a pick in the process (3rd or next years 2nd)?

In addition, I can totally relate to how Travis is feeling. I'm sure he wants to get on with his life, meet his new team mates, new coaches, start learning the playbook, find a place to live etc... It's only fair. In football you only have so many money producing years, and sitting behind a Willis doesn't make you more marketable. Props to Travis and TD for sticking to their guns.

You must be an !@#$!!! How many adults do you know that have sex with 15 yr olds? What are we supposed to respect that? "Oh, it's OK, he gained over 1,000 yards" Is that your logic?

More than you think...

When Travis reaches 1500 yards, hell even 1450 yards let me know.  He hasn't done that yet.  Also, when he makes the pro bowl on his own merits not when three guys in front of him bow out because they are injured I also will listen. 

Until then this is just further proof that Travis is and has been a locker room cancer and a complete and total jerk.  I would love to have TD trade him to the Green Bay, just so he can freeze his ass on the bench behind Green.

282724[/snapback]

he rushed for 1458 in 2002

I guess you are kind of new here...once the Bills decide they are going to part ways with a player (and in some cases before) Bills fans re-write history, and warp reality, so they feel can feel like the team is making all the right moves, and they can sleep better at night...it is all part of that thin-skinned, inferiority complex that Buffalo, and Buffalonians seem to adhere too, for no good reason...said player, once no longer a Buffalo Bill, is a p.o.s. who never did anything to warrent their adoration...they forget just two seasons ago, when they were saying that McGahee, who had  yet to play a down in the NFL, was a prima donna, didn't have the heart and grit that Henry has (or I guess I should say had!).  Travis Henry's biggest crime is that he is not as good as Willis McGahee...ignore the fact that there are only a few backs who might be....Travis is a "scumbag, and p.o.s"...just wait until Willis McGahee is demanding a "break the bank or trade me" contract...it will be coming soon...

282794[/snapback]

no truer words have been said. of course, no one will take to heart what you have to say, which is too bad. it means that whenever a player leaves, bills fans will give him an extra kick in the ass to speed it along. my god, there were some people here lashing into freaking rick demulling for deciding not to sign with a mediocre franchise, which is what the bills are these days.

no truer words have been said. of course, no one will take to heart what you have to say, which is too bad. it means that whenever a player leaves, bills fans will give him an extra kick in the ass to speed it along. my god, there were some people here lashing into freaking rick demulling for deciding not to sign with a mediocre franchise, which is what the bills are these days.

282825[/snapback]

That is BS. There are several of us, who have harped the inability of our running backs for years, including Travis. While Travis maybe a good stright ahead runner, he is very one dimensional and the play is known when he was in the game. He has hands of stone, no ability to run downfield routes, cannot read a blitz and cannot block. I for one have always stated he needed to be replaced even in his 1400 yard season, as he really isn't as good as the "hometown fans" make him out to be. If he was he would have made several Probowls and not been given the one he got by being the 3rd alternate.

Give it a break there are several folks around here who can actually recognize plays and formations and can go beyond what Maddan 2004 tells them. :lol:

I guess you are kind of new here...once the Bills decide they are going to part ways with a player (and in some cases before) Bills fans re-write history, and warp reality, so they feel can feel like the team is making all the right moves, and they can sleep better at night...it is all part of that thin-skinned, inferiority complex that Buffalo, and Buffalonians seem to adhere too, for no good reason...said player, once no longer a Buffalo Bill, is a p.o.s. who never did anything to warrent their adoration...they forget just two seasons ago, when they were saying that McGahee, who had  yet to play a down in the NFL, was a prima donna, didn't have the heart and grit that Henry has (or I guess I should say had!).  Travis Henry's biggest crime is that he is not as good as Willis McGahee...ignore the fact that there are only a few backs who might be....Travis is a "scumbag, and p.o.s"...just wait until Willis McGahee is demanding a "break the bank or trade me" contract...it will be coming soon...

282794[/snapback]

This is exactly right - it's part of a greater phenomenon in Buffalo (and other places) where fans view the team as some sort of entitlement... I suspect there are some posters in this thread who are no more intelligent than Travis is. Fake-Fat hit this nail on the head - THIS IS GOOD NEWS. Stop the whining, people. Fake-Fat is right, this means that TD is holding the cards. What we're witnessing is simply TD and Travis using the media to gain leverage - first TD "leaked" last week that Travis is screwing up the trade by inflating his contract demands and that the team will bring him back, now Travis is using the media to push back. So fuggin' what - this is how stuff gets done. I would guess Travis said this stuff at the request of his agent - it gains him leverage, because now TD absolutely has to deal the guy. All this does is make that more inevitable.

As for the cheap shots at Travis' character, I just don't get them. Yes, the guy is a mental midget - I've said that before. But I've never questioned his heart, desire, or character as a teammate - his teammates love the guy, from what we've heard. And he played on a broken leg, for chrissake - Jonas Jennings wouldn't play through a fuggin bruise until his contract year, and now everyone is assailing TD for letting him go... really, y'all are screwed up.

That is BS.  There are several of us, who have harped the inability of our running backs for years, including Travis.  While Travis maybe a good stright ahead runner, he is very one dimensional and the play is known when he was in the game.  He has hands of stone, no ability to run downfield routes, cannot read a blitz and cannot block.  I for one have always stated he needed to be replaced even in his 1400 yard season, as he really isn't as good as the "hometown fans" make him out to be.  If he was he would have made several Probowls and not been given the one he got by being the 3rd alternate. 

Give it a break there are several folks around here who can actually recognize plays and formations and can go beyond what Maddan 2004 tells them.   :lol:

282830[/snapback]

Do you dispute that there were games that Tavis singlehandedly won for us? Absolutely there were: 2003 home games against the Jets and Redskins, to name a couple. He simply carried the whole offense on his back a few times.

Could we say the same about Drew? Absolutely not.

I'm not saying Travis was/is an elite back - just that he was a good player for us, he came out of nowhere to fill a key need (remember Antoine Smith? Jonathan Linton??), and played tough and to win.

No, really probably 80% of this board to be honest.  :D

282837[/snapback]

Aight, cool, cause I was referring to Travis Henry's handling of his benching in Madden 2005, not Madden 2004. I cannot speak to his locker-room presence in 2004. He's been the consummate professional in my '05 season. :lol:

No you are being petty.  I said post when he gets 1450 and you stated he got 1458, like it was an in your face.  Well you are wrong.  He didn't get it.

282831[/snapback]

whatever. enjoy your little victory. and by the way, i never said that i was a fan of henry -- i've been a critic for a long time. all i was saying was that too many people here get too wrapped in condemning players who aren't happy, who want to leave, who want more money, who refuse to sign, etc. etc.

Do you dispute that there were games that Tavis singlehandedly won for us?  Absolutely there were: 2003 home games against the Jets and Redskins, to name a couple.  He simply carried the whole offense on his back a few times.

Could we say the same about Drew?  Absolutely not.

282836[/snapback]

And in 2003 he single handedly lost the Miami game, as well as Denver the year before, and this year Oakland, NE and the Jets fall in his hand as a major reason for the loses.

Go back and look at his record. It's terrible.

whatever. enjoy your little victory. and by the way, i never said that i was a fan of henry -- i've been a critic for a long time. all i was saying was that too many people here get too wrapped in condemning players who aren't happy, who want to leave, who want more money, who refuse to sign, etc. etc.

282845[/snapback]

And all I am saying, is I do not do that. I have never celebrated when Drew, RJ, Flutie or even Collins left. I didn't celebrate for Lonnie left. But I have been a critic of Travis and his inability to play football for a very long time. I have been consistant that he needed to be replaced since early on. This team was not winning with his style and one dimension, and this was proven correctly, even with Drew's screw ups last year when with a solid D, a Sloid ST and a RB, who can actually do multiple things well.