Mike McCarthy calls Allen a 'stud'

On 9/28/2018 at 6:23 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dude thought he could win with Brett Hundley

No, no.  Dude said he was satisfied with our QB room with Brett Hundley.

What he thought, is another matter ?

Green Bay has been my NFC team for a long time.  What I think is it's a cryin' shame they haven't managed to field a quality defense since 2010, and this year looks to be no exception.  Hopefully we can take advantage.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, Fadingpain said:

Were we expecting McCarthy to say he looks raw and not ready?  That the film reveals several weaknesses which Green Bay thinks they can exploit fully to their advantage?

Of course he's going to be complimentary.  No reason not to.

He's that way with everyone.

Not only that, his compliment to Allen was way more specific than the title of this thread: he said he's a "stud athlete".

When you got a guy who clocks >20 mph on a TD run, dives over the goal line 4' in the air, and leapfrogs an NFL LB, that's kind of like "durrrrrr, ya think?"

He didn't call him a "stud QB" or even just a "stud".

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, no.  Dude said he was satisfied with our QB room with Brett Hundley.

What he thought, is another matter ?

Green Bay has been my NFC team for a long time.  What I think is it's a cryin' shame they haven't managed to field a quality defense since 2010, and this year looks to be no exception.  Hopefully we can take advantage.

Not only that, his compliment to Allen was way more specific than the title of this thread: he said he's a "stud athlete".

When you got a guy who clocks >20 mph on a TD run, dives over the goal line 4' in the air, and leapfrogs an NFL LB, that's kind of like "durrrrrr, ya think?"

He didn't call him a "stud QB" or even just a "stud".

You had me wondering if I didn’t copy the whole title 

“I think he’s done some really nice things,” McCarthy said. “I think you have to be excited about when your rookie quarterback wins games.

he’s a stud of an athlete, you can see that in his ability to run.”

Interpretations by the reader 

I see a difference between what a person could say 

When your team wins with a rookie 

Whenyour rookie QB wins game.  

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, matter2003 said:

I was shocked at how fast he looked on that run to the goalline that he dove on...dude looked way way faster than a 4.73 40 time would lead you to believe

I think he was flying with the wind there so his ground speed was increased accordingly. He seen a TD in his vision and he wanted it.

AllenAir now boarding at gate 17

Edited by cba fan