Mike McCarthy calls Allen a 'stud'

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-mike-mccarthy-calls-allen-a-stud

c3dp9zqap1uuwswiccph.jpg

Throughout his 25-year professional coaching career, the Green Bay Packers head coach has worked with some of the best passers in NFL history. McCarthy coached Brett Favre to a 4,000-yard season as Green Bay’s quarterbacks coach in 1999.

“I think he’s done some really nice things,” McCarthy said. “I think you have to be excited about when your rookie quarterback wins games.

he’s a stud of an athlete, you can see that in his ability to run.”

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think he is every bit as effective a runner as Tyrod.

Big man that moves really well. 

Stay healthy … 

Actually, I would offer that he's better. While obviosly not as fast, he will actually try and throw before he runs most times that Ive noticed. Also he's very good at situational football, gets what he needs however he can. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen is the white version of Cam Newton, with a stronger arm and who hopefully turns into the more consistent passer of the two. I think the Elway comparisons are not that far fetched if he continues to improve with his reads, timing, and footwork. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Allen is the white version of Cam Newton, with a stronger arm and who hopefully turns into the more consistent passer of the two. I think the Elway comparisons are not that far fetched if he continues to improve with his reads, timing, and footwork. 

really?   did you have to go there?  

a simple comparison of two men would be sufficient as you did with Horse Face Elway.   

(tongue in cheek)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

more like Blake Bortles

His running changes everything about the offense, because we have limited talent on that side of the ball. If they can get him for 30 or 40 yards per game they could be more competitive and probably win more games.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

why would you say that kev?  are you trying too hard again?

He already sees the field better than Bortles. Has to keep improving though.

Edited by CuddyDark

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

His running changes everything about the offense, because we have limited talent on that side of the ball. If they can get him for 30 or 40 yards per game they could be more competitive and probably win more games.

He already sees the field better than Bortles. Has to keep improving though.

at this early stage, i think so too.  kev is just a colorful poster, and i was wonder what his logic was by comparing allen to brotles.  

31 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think he is every bit as effective a runner as Tyrod.

Big man that moves really well. 

Stay healthy … 

But he can't escape like Tyrod did.  That was Tyrod's main strength...keeping broken plays alive. I am happy to have a real QB and not the other way around

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

9 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

more like Blake Bortles

The white version of Blake Bortles?

Oh, wait Blake Bortles is the white version of Blake Bortles.

24 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Actually, I would offer that he's better. While obviosly not as fast, he will actually try and throw before he runs most times that Ive noticed. Also he's very good at situational football, gets what he needs however he can. 

He's not as fast as Tyrod but at the same time he's nowhere near as lanky. Tyrod would've never been able to make the hurdle over Barr because Barr never would've shyed away from Tyrod. Taking on Allen with a full head of steam is gonna make many defenders think twice and in turn " brace for impact". 

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

But he can't escape like Tyrod did.  That was Tyrod's main strength...keeping broken plays alive. I am happy to have a real QB and not the other way around

disagree.  he avoided some pressure with some quick hops to the left then to the right and made a pass vs the Chargers 

In 2.5 games Josh has had 11 sacks compared to  Tyrod's 13 sacks in 2.5 games

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

disagree.  he avoided some pressure with some quick hops to the left then to the right and made a pass vs the Chargers 

He also shrugged Terrell Suggs off of him in the Ravens game, something TT wouldnt be able to do

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Same as when Tyrod was here, sack don't matter for this kind of QB. They have to chase him. It tires the rush for later in the game. Take sacks, just don't turn it over. Especially if defense is playing well. Aaron Rodgers takes a lot of sacks too.