Calling all WOW players

mrags

Wondering who here played or plays WOW. I played pre-BC, and BC. Wondering who still plays. If not, what games do you play now? Is there anything out there like WOW (guilds, raids) for PS4? 

And if you feel like reminiscing about the good ole days of WOW and your chars, let’s hear your stories. 

Hopefully this is a fun thread. 

21 minutes ago, mrags said:

Wondering who here played or plays WOW. I played pre-BC, and BC. Wondering who still plays. If not, what games do you play now? Is there anything out there like WOW (guilds, raids) for PS4? 

And if you feel like reminiscing about the good ole days of WOW and your chars, let’s hear your stories. 

Hopefully this is a fun thread. 

I used to play when I had more time on my hands.....actually loved it.

Uninstalled because I found that I simply was not having the hours that it takes to put into it....I am a WOT player now (World of Tanks)

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Uninstalled because I found that I simply was not having the hours that it takes to put into it....I am a WOT player now (World of Tanks)

I played WOT for a little bit on PS4. Was Into it for a little while. Nothing has ever come close to the fun I had playing WOW though. I miss 40 man raids and PVP to the point where I could imagine other players throwing their keyboards at the wall in anger. 

Never liked 40-man raiding. It turned into a full time job, grinding resources for potions/flasks, grinding for gear, waiting for raid setup, waiting for that one jackass who had to take a crap just before the first pull, the 20 minute explanation of simple fights for the numbnuts who didn't read up on the boss.

I much preferred when they started introducing 10-man specific raids, then eventually the option to do 10/25-man raids in all new raid instances.

Edited by Koko78

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Never liked 40-man raiding. It turned into a full time job, grinding resources for potions/flasks, grinding for gear, waiting for raid setup, waiting for that one jackass who had to take a crap just before the first pull, the 20 minute explanation of simple fights for the numbnuts who didn't read up on the boss.

I much preferred when they started introducing 10-man specific raids, then eventually the option to do 10/25-man raids in all new raid instances.

40 man raids had their downsides but they were just so cool. When you were with a good group that knew what they were doing it was so much fun. 10 man and 25 mans were just so simple. When you could start LFG for raids it became lame. 10 mans were supposed to be simple instances that you could just throw a group of competent players together and get through it. The 40 mans were meant for only the tip guilds to be able to complete. It was that way for a while. Then BC ruined everything. At that point I switched from my MT and decided to go full pvp and just have fun making people angry all day long. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

40 man raids had their downsides but they were just so cool. When you were with a good group that knew what they were doing it was so much fun. 10 man and 25 mans were just so simple. When you could start LFG for raids it became lame. 10 mans were supposed to be simple instances that you could just throw a group of competent players together and get through it. The 40 mans were meant for only the tip guilds to be able to complete. It was that way for a while. Then BC ruined everything. At that point I switched from my MT and decided to go full pvp and just have fun making people angry all day long. 

I had fun in Arathi Basin one day (as a Horde Hunter), screwing with some Paladin. Would send my pet after him, and when he started attacking I would pull it back. Opened fire on him when he got into range stupidly chasing my pet. He went after my pet about 5 times before he figured out what I was doing to him.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

I had fun in Arathi Basin one day (as a Horde Hunter), screwing with some Paladin. Would send my pet after him, and when he started attacking I would pull it back. Opened fire on him when he got into range stupidly chasing my pet. He went after my pet about 5 times before he figured out what I was doing to him.

Lol. 

Once BC came out I created a blood elf rouge. Had a lot of fun doing burst damage and with a maxed out char and high end gear I could one shot just about anything lower level than me. 2-4 shot anything else. I ended up switching my build to combat maces with chance to stun. I could keep just about anybody stunlocked for damn near 2 minutes if I wanted. Dancing around them, taunting them as I killed them slowly. It was some of the most fun I ever had playing a game. Had a friend level up a rogue the exact same build and we were pretty much unstoppable when we were together. 

21 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I used to play way back when.  I play World of Warships (WOWs), made by the same Wargaming that puts out WOT.

7 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I used to play way back when.  I play World of Warships (WOWs), made by the same Wargaming that puts out WOT.

I like the WOT/WOW model because you can duck in....play for 30 min if you have the time....duck out

World of Warcraft takes a LOT of time.......I literally dont think my girlfriend would put up with it.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I like the WOT/WOW model because you can duck in....play for 30 min if you have the time....duck out

World of Warcraft takes a LOT of time.......I literally dont think my girlfriend would put up with it.

That is true. WOW took an incredible amount of time. I turned down a job promotion to play. Well, kind of. In title I would have been better off, money and time off, I was much better turning it down. 

23 hours ago, mrags said:

Nobody else here played WOW? 2 other guys? That’s it? 

I used to play up til maybe 8 years ago.  Then I got into SWTOR, gave up on that, and bounced around a few other games.  Every once in awhile I'll get the itch and dip back into WoW or SWTOR and do some free content. 

I was thinking about starting up WoW again with the latest expansion

I played WoW pretty heavily for about 6 or 7 years. Heroic/Mythic raiding first in 10 man (Cataclysm) and then in 25s. At one point, I was raiding on two different characcters 6 nights a week. No more, I got out and I'm glad I did. It's a hamster wheel. The only thing I miss is PvP. That was actually fun.