Possible we use Allen like Ravens use Jackson?

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ha I totally forgot about the Ej hard count thing. How ridiculous was that. 

Having said that. If we need a 70 yard hail mary at the end of a game, I would seriously hope the coaches put Allen in there. It's rare that a guy can throw it that far, and with respect to Peterman, Allen could probably get it to the endzone 

Based on the preseason it is tough to imagine Allen having enough time for receivers to run 70 yards down field. Even if the other team rushes only 1 player. 

12 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So I asked this question in another thread but it is kind of buried and I was wondering what people thought so I decided to start a new thread for it.

There is a lot of talk in the media about Baltimore having designed plays to get Lamar Jackson on the field to utilize his unique capabilities, but no one that I heard has speculated that we might do the same with Allen.

I know there is a risk to messing up the rhythm of the offense when you do this, but does anyone think Daboll might design some plays for Allen in order to take advantage of his mobility and big arm, as well as get him valuable game time experience? I know he is not really a gadget type of player, but I think it could really create some mis-matches for the Defense given how different his skill set is from Peterman. I for one would love to see this happen.

There's pry a reason for that.  The only way we use Allen like Jackson is him holding a clipboard as our backup QB.

16 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So I asked this question in another thread but it is kind of buried and I was wondering what people thought so I decided to start a new thread for it.

There is a lot of talk in the media about Baltimore having designed plays to get Lamar Jackson on the field to utilize his unique capabilities, but no one that I heard has speculated that we might do the same with Allen.

I know there is a risk to messing up the rhythm of the offense when you do this, but does anyone think Daboll might design some plays for Allen in order to take advantage of his mobility and big arm, as well as get him valuable game time experience? I know he is not really a gadget type of player, but I think it could really create some mis-matches for the Defense given how different his skill set is from Peterman. I for one would love to see this happen.

Unlikely. The problem with stuff like this is the defenses learn pretty quick what situations you're using these guys for, and it telegraphs your intent a mile away. Remember how we used to use EJ for hard counts? Yeah, worked a couple times, then it was pointless. Everyone knew we were only trying to draw them off sides, so it became useless quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

My only thought's on this are that they use Allen in the red zone. In saying that, it would send a poor message to the team. And I don't know Petermans history in the red zone last year or in college. I do know Allens and it is very good. Saying that, this is the NFL and a poor Bills line. But what if Allen stays very good in the red zone? Then again, if he could move the ball there that well, then he could probably do it all the way down the field. I have a feeling by game 5 he will be starting. NP did what he had to do to get the starting job. It was mostly against the 2''s and 3's, but that is how it turned out. I don't think they wanted to start Allen unless he was so much better ,that they had to start him. If anyone has that chart showing what Allen did in the red zone, that would be cool to see. I am fine with however they use him.