So who is your surprise player to make the team.....

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He made it purely on potential the Latin word for not worth a damn. :)

You can't teach speed. You can't usually teach always getting open. If he dropped passes all the time in practices we didn't see they wouldn't have kept him. 

I hated him in preseason and still do because he doesn't seem to track the ball for ****. It's not easy to teach but it's possible. I'd rather take a flyer on this kind of size and speed and skills than most #6 WRs. He still may be released and signed to PS, and he won't be active in a Peterman game but it will be interesting to see when Josh comes in by game two. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You can't teach speed. You can't usually teach always getting open. If he dropped passes all the time in practices we didn't see they wouldn't have kept him. 

I hated him in preseason and still do because he doesn't seem to track the ball for ****. It's not easy to teach but it's possible. I'd rather take a flyer on this kind of size and speed and skills than most #6 WRs. He still may be released and signed to PS, and he won't be active in a Peterman game but it will be interesting to see when Josh comes in by game two. ;)

I get all of that. That's exactly what the PS is designed for.  I wonder if they had intel that another team would have claimed him because that's the only thing that makes sense to me.  

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I get all of that. That's exactly what the PS is designed for.  I wonder if they had intel that another team would have claimed him because that's the only thing that makes sense to me.  

No one on that roster can get deep. That's the obvious and only reason he is on the roster. He may even be released in favor of Perriman today. I would doubt there is any intel about another team that would add him to their 53. Especially because he wasn't drafted and there isn't much college tape. I think it shows that NP has a short leash. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

No one on that roster can get deep. That's the obvious and only reason he is on the roster. He may even be released in favor of Perriman today. I would doubt there is any intel about another team that would add him to their 53. Especially because he wasn't drafted and there isn't much college tape. I think it shows that NP has a short leash. 

Didn't have any reps in games and I gather very few in practices to test/enhance his skills against NFL caliber CBs. I can't see him as much of a threat early in the season should he remain on the 53.  

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Didn't have any reps in games and I gather very few in practices to test/enhance his skills against NFL caliber CBs. I can't see him as much of a threat early in the season should he remain on the 53.  

I shouldn't have said it was only reason. I forgot about the Daboll factor. I'm sure that had as much to do with it as anything. And I don't think that kind of coachnepotism is a bad thing. He obviously knows him well enough to understand if he can beat NFL CBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/31/2018 at 9:31 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

0.0% chance.

Maybe better to hedge next time.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:31 AM, Bills Juggernaut said:

Mine would be Robert Foster. He always seems to get behind the defense and would have 3 more long catches if the QB's had been more accurate. 

Great call. Great minds think alike.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Called the way I saw it.  Major surprise who's not ready to contribute to the offense.  Likely to be inactive on game days. 

Digging deeper and deeper.

He may be the gunner on special teams.

Edited by Sky Diver