Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I think Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning won 3 games in their rookie seasons....Both those teams kept them under Center in spite of the losses.

Both of these teams were worst in the league the year before they drafted these guys.  That's How they were able to get them.  Not surprising they would lose a lot of games the next year.  What do they have to lose?  More losing?

Since we are a defending playoff team, I expect to win regardless of QB. 

I know it's just preseason but this week feels like the lead up to the home opener. I don't really care about our record this year, I just want the QB position to finally be solved. This weekend we get our first extended look at that question. So to me it might as well be week 1 of the regular season.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Both of these teams were worst in the league the year before they drafted these guys.  That's How they were able to get them.  Not surprising they would lose a lot of games the next year.  What do they have to lose?  More losing?

Since we are a defending playoff team, I expect to win regardless of QB. 

Sort of like we did last year!

Josh Allen gets his big chance to win Bills' QB job: Here's what to watch for

ORCHARD PARK - Sunday afternoon, a 4 p.m. kickoff, national television coverage on FOX, perhaps close to a sellout crowd at New Era Field thanks to the annual Kids Day festivities.

Wait, it’s late August, not late November. This is the third preseason game of the summer for both the Bills and Bengals, not a Week 12 showdown with playoff ramifications on the table. What’s the big deal, and why do we all care so much about this exhibition game?

Pretty simple, really. Josh Allen.

Is he ready, though? Can Allen stick the landing and make a compelling case to win the job this week? Here are three things I’ll be watching.

1. Does Allen command the huddle?
2. Is he making the right decisions?
3. Is he throwing the ball accurately?

His arm talent is undeniable and is vastly superior to Peterman and McCarron. And the offseason work he has done with quarterback mentor Jordan Palmer, augmented by Bills’ QB coach David Culley, to refine his footwork has clearly helped his throwing mechanics.

He’s a better thrower than he was at any point at Wyoming, so I’ll be looking to see him put that on display against Cincinnati.

Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who got his first extensive work with Allen this past week in practice, loves what he saw.

“You’re driving the car right now,” he said. “No matter what you’re driving, an Escalade or a Volkswagen or whatever, you’re driving the car. All the parts in that car are looking at you right now. He’s doing a great job with it. He’s having fun with it. He’s competing and learning from his mistakes and that’s all you can ask. He’s excited and ready to play and he’s going to have a great career in this league.”

Many of us thought that career wouldn’t start right away in 2018, but depending on what happens against the Bengals, we may all look back and say it truly began Sunday.
  • Like (+1) 1