Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice 5 - Closed to the Public

McDermott speaks to the media at 8:15 this morning before practice. 

Bills rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has been nothing short of impressive through the first few days of training camp. While the responsibilities being placed on Edmunds in Buffalo's defense are extensive, head coach Sean McDermott and the defensive staff has not felt a need to reduce the amount of what they’ve put on his plate to this point.

Phillips cross training at both DT spots
Zay Jones still sidelined, Murphy gets rest day

McDermott said when Jones does return he will be phased in steadily and will likely be limited at first.

Meanwhile, DE Trent Murphy is getting a veteran rest day. It will afford the veteran two days off in total knowing the team was idle on Monday.

TE Nick O’Leary, who missed Sunday’s practice, returns today in a limited capacity. Fellow TE Logan Thomas is practicing, but on a non-contact basis. He’s wearing a red jersey during practice today.

HC Sean McDermott discusses injury updates, quarterback rotation heading in to preseason, the slot cornerback competition and more.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why do they even close practice to the public is it really only to give the grass fields recovery time like has been suggested?

Its reported that last year fans were upset when they showed up to practice but couldnt really see anything because the team was on the back fields to give the main grass fields time to recover, so to avoid the fans being dissapointed this year they decided to close those practices to the public. McD does the same field rotation at OBD facilities too, so it seems legit. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why do they even close practice to the public is it really only to give the grass fields recovery time like has been suggested?

Sometimes they work on things they’d prefer not to reveal to the public?

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Sometimes they work on things they’d prefer not to reveal to the public?

I get that but then I would think completely close it and not let Media there. 

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Its reported that last year fans were upset when they showed up to practice but couldnt really see anything because the team was on the back fields to give the main grass fields time to recover, so to avoid the fans being dissapointed this year they decided to close those practices to the public. McD does the same field rotation at OBD facilities too, so it seems legit. 

That makes Sense. Guess it is just new to me having a coach so in the details to be concerned about grass recovery 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Thats exactly what Sal C said on Sunday.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Well it wasn't really unprompted, he was asked about the competition at certain positions. McD said Groy and Bodine have both been really solid, and "Adam Redmond isn't just letting them have it" (that a 'paraphrase quote')

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal is giving play by play now.

McCaron threw a pick in redzone drills.

Peterman might have but not sure if I heard it right.

Allen overthrew his last pass.  Sal did say it was a good pass, only the WR had a chance at it....just a little too high.

There's audio?

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal is giving play by play now.

McCaron threw a pick in redzone drills.

Peterman might have but not sure if I heard it right.

Allen overthrew his last pass.  Sal did say it was a good pass, only the WR had a chance at it....just a little too high.

It was AJM who threw the pick. 

5 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

There's audio?

Kinda.  Sal was doing his segment at the same time as redzone drills and was giving play by play.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was AJM who threw the pick. 

Yeah I know I heard that and put it down.

Peterman, I was working at the same time and didn't hear it clearly.  Might have been a PI I think?