"Austin", TX is racist

Just now, gatorbait said:

Prove I’m wrong. Or is that just your opinion?

That's not the way logic works.

You have staked out a positive position:  "these sorts" of incidents are on the rise.

It's up to you to defend the positive position you have taken.

Again, you're free to be illogical; but it's not at all convincing because it's illogical.

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not the way logic works.

You have staked out a positive position:  "these sorts" of incidents are on the rise.

It's up to you to defend the positive position you have taken.

Again, you're free to be illogical; but it's not at all convincing because it's illogical.

You said I’m wrong without offering any evidence. Project much?

5 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You said I’m wrong without offering any evidence. Project much?

That's not how logic works.

Again, you should take a step back and realize that you are out on a limb, and don't understand what you're talking about.

You offered an opinion, were challenged about it, and were unable to defend it by offering supporting evidence.

You have no evidence that what you believe is true.

That should bother you immensely.

If something is true, there should be evidence that it is true; and if you make a positive assertion, formal logic dictates that it is incumbent upon you to defend it.

You have not done so.

That should also bother you immensely.

Consider why it is that you cannot present evidence that what you say is true.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not how logic works.

Again, you should take a step back and realize that you are out on a limb, and don't understand what you're talking about.

You offered an opinion, were challenged about it, and were unable to defend it by offering supporting evidence.

You have no evidence that what you believe is true.

That should bother you immensely.

If something is true, there should be evidence that it is true; and if you make a positive assertion, formal logic dictates that it is incumbent upon you to defend it.

You have not done so.

That should also bother you immensely.

Consider why it is that you cannot present evidence that what you say is true.

Your unreasonable standard for a Bills message board applies to you as well. You don’t just get to tell people their wrong without offering evidence. You saying social media is propaganda is only evidence of your conspiracy riddled mind, it’s not proof I’m wrong.

Edited by gatorbait

49 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You realize social media is just people reporting stuff going on in their lives right? If the incidents are on the rise in people’s lives is it fair to say it is on the rise in general?  

It does NOT mean the incidents are on the rise in this country. It means the number of people talking about it in your social media feeds is on the rise. Guess what, NO ONE ever talks about it in my social media feed. By your logic, that means it's actually on the decline.

How are you completely unable to discern that unbelievably simple fact?

I swear, you're one of the few people who can make Ocasio-Cortez sound coherent.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It does NOT mean the incidents are on the rise in this country. It means the number of people talking about it in your social media feeds is on the rise. Guess what, NO ONE ever talks about it in my social media feed. By your logic, that means it's actually on the decline.

How are you completely unable to discern that unbelievably simple fact?

I swear, you're one of the few people who can make Ocasio-Cortez sound coherent.

I said it’s on the rise. I believe that. Just like some people believe Trump is fighting a secret war behind the scenes against a global pedo organization. People can express their opinions if they want. It’s a free country, as long as Joe isn’t in power anyways.

54 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

99% of the posters here probably should spend less time pontificating about things they haven't bothered to take the time to understand, and more time learning about those things.

Especially CLIMATE CHANGE and 911/"Islamic" Terror....

28 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Your unreasonable standard for a Bills message board applies to you as well.

It's not an "unreasonable standard for a Bills message board", it's the only acceptable standard for any serious discussion of ideas.  People should be able to defend their positions when they stake them out as a positive assertion, which you have.  This is not a new concept.  It's been the foundation of logic for thousands of years.

You don’t just get to tell people their wrong without offering evidence.

This is entirely backwards.  Entirely.

You made a positive assertion.  YOU.  You.  No one forced you to do this.

When you make a positive assertion, if you are challenged, it is your job to defend it.

Again, you cannot do this.

This should bother you immensely.

You have no evidence that what you believe is true, yet you believe it anyway.

The people who have sold you this bill of goods have presented you with no evidence that this is true, and you demanded no evidence from them.

This should also bother you immensely.

Why is there no evidence?

You saying social media is propaganda is only evidence of your conspiracy riddled mind, it’s not proof I’m wrong.

There are volumes of evidence that social media platforms were designed, and are used, for population control.  There are ongoing Congressional investigations, as well as investigations by the legislatures of other countries, including testimony that various platforms are used/have been used for the purposes of censorship, and promoting various ideas, ideologies, and narratives at the expense of others.

This has been well documented on this website, so, once again, you are wrong.

But really, that's not even relevant. 

What is relevant is that according to standard logic, when you have made a positive assertion, it is your job to prove that you are correct, not the readers job to prove you are wrong. 

You standard is illogical, because it must assume that every idea voiced by everyone is correct, and must be proven incorrect, else it stands as true.  Think about the absurdity of this.

Now, please demonstrate that what you have asserted is true.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's not an "unreasonable standard for a Bills message board", it's the only acceptable standard for any serious discussion of ideas.  People should be able to defend their positions when they stake them out as a positive assertion, which you have.  This is not a new concept.  It's been the foundation of logic for thousands of years.

This is entirely backwards.  Entirely.

You made a positive assertion.  YOU.  You.  No one forced you to do this.

When you make a positive assertion, if you are challenged, it is your job to defend it.

Again, you cannot do this.

This should bother you immensely.

You have no evidence that what you believe is true, yet you believe it anyway.

The people who have sold you this bill of goods have presented you with no evidence that this is true, and you demanded no evidence from them.

This should also bother you immensely.

Why is there no evidence?

There are volumes of evidence that social media platforms were designed, and are used, for population control.  There are ongoing Congressional investigations, as well as investigations by the legislatures of other countries, including testimony that various platforms are used/have been used for the purposes of censorship, and promoting various ideas, ideologies, and narratives at the expense of others.

This has been well documented on this website, so, once again, you are wrong.

But really, that's not even relevant. 

What is relevant is that according to standard logic, when you have made a positive assertion, it is your job to prove that you are correct, not the readers job to prove you are wrong. 

You standard is illogical, because it must assume that every idea voiced by everyone is correct, and must be proven incorrect, else it stands as true.  Think about the absurdity of this.

Now, please demonstrate that what you have asserted is true.

Noted, thanks for sharing your opinion. Since there clearly is no law stating I have to do any of the ridiculous things you mentioned, I’ll pass. I will rephrase my original statement though. From my experience it seems like those type of incidents are on the rise and more evident in news and social media. It’s not Trump’s fault though, it’s the deep state and social media’s fault, duh.

Edited by gatorbait

13 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I said it’s on the rise. I believe that.

Then say it's on the rise "in your social media feeds."

What you see in your self-filtered feeds is not indicative of what is happening in the country. You can create a feed that follows or friends only producers of horror movies, but you can't come back here and tell everyone that the number of horror movies is on the rise simply because there is a large number of horror movie posts in your social media feeds.

It's disingenuous as worst and dumber than Ocasio-Cortez at the least.

10 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Noted, thanks for sharing your opinion.

The structure of formal logic, as practiced for thousands of years, is not my opinion.

It is a factual accounting of how logic works.

That you do not understand the difference between fact and opinion is your problem, not mine.

Since there clearly is no law stating I have to do any of the ridiculous things you mentioned, I’ll pass.

Correct.

There is no law that says you have to act logically.

You are perfectly free to be as illogical as you'd like, though I'm not sure why you would find this to be an attractive option.

It makes you look ignorant and lazy, and having spoken with you often enough, I know that you are neither of these things, and I expect better from you.

What I have asked of you is not ridiculous.  I have asked you to apply standard logic to your position.

You, in turn, have asserted that standard logic is ridiculous.

Let that sink in.

I will rephrase my original statement though. From my experience it seems like those type of incidents are on the rise and more evident in news and social media. It’s not Trump’s fault though, it’s the deeo state and social media’s fault, duh.

This is an emotional response to an intellectual problem.

You can't feel your way through things which require thought.

1 hour ago, gatorbait said:

Prove I’m wrong. Or is that just your opinion?

Proof:

You're quoting anecdotes on a self-selecting platform without any context or control group and deriving broad societal trends from it.  

QED.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The structure of formal logic, as practiced for thousands of years, is not my opinion.

It is a factual accounting of how logic works.

That you do not understand the difference between fact and opinion is your problem, not mine.

Correct.

There is no law that says you have to act logically.

You are perfectly free to be as illogical as you'd like, though I'm not sure why you would find this to be an attractive option.

It makes you look ignorant and lazy, and having spoken with you often enough, I know that you are neither of these things, and I expect better from you.

What I have asked of you is not ridiculous.  I have asked you to apply standard logic to your position.

You, in turn, have asserted that standard logic is ridiculous.

Let that sink in.

This is an emotional response to an intellectual problem.

You can't feel your way through things which require thought.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? That is my opinion, and I believe they are on the rise the past two years. I never said it was a fact or I have evidence to back it up.Your Lord and Savior the president makes claims every single day without backing them up with any sort of evidence. Go !@#$ yourself.

1 minute ago, gatorbait said:

How many times do I have to repeat myself? That is my opinion, and I believe they are on the rise the past two years. I never said it was a fact or I have evidence to back it up.Your Lord and Savior the president makes claims every single day without backing them up with any sort of evidence. Go !@#$ yourself.

Aaaaaaaaaaand POP goes the weasel.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

You said your evidence is based on what you read in social media.  You are literally admitting you have no factual knowledge, and your statement is based on other people's experience.  :wacko:

Facts and knowledge are racist and have no business in a conversation about race and the perils that people face in this divided climate of racism that's never been more angry and upset.

3 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

These are declarative statements, not opinions:

2 hours ago, gatorbait said:

Good luck getting anyone on here to acknowledge that these types of incidents are on the rise. Murica!

2 hours ago, gatorbait said:

Do I really need to post all the videos of the police being called on black people for having bbq’s, swimming in pools, shopping and eating in restaurants? I know I’m younger than most here but those types of things are all over social media these days. Not saying it didn’t happen in the past but it’s happening more. 

3 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

How many times do I have to repeat myself? That is my opinion, and I believe they are on the rise the past two years. I never said it was a fact or I have evidence to back it up.

Why do you believe things which you have no evidence of?

That's an emotional game played by children.

Your Lord and Savior the president makes claims every single day without backing them up with any sort of evidence. Go !@#$ yourself.

So, now, after I have been patient with you, and tried to reason with you; keeping a friendly and conversational tone, you want to engage in misleading hyperbole and make personal attacks?

Perhaps I was wrong in my observation that you were not ignorant and lazy.

Do better.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

These are declarative statements, not opinions:

Anytime someone declares something it’s their opinion. The only thing that makes it a fact is whether it’s true or not. Methinks  you old dusty farts are blind to the ramped up racial tension in the country right now. Again, my opinion.