Center controversy remember

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes... I remember lots of talk of Groy being a potential upgrade on Wood.

Dawkins, Bodine, Groy, Miller, Mills...

That's what I think our OL will ultimately consist of, with Groy or Bodine being the Center and the other being a Guard.

I think our OL will be just fine, honestly.

Groy can play both center and guard.

Has Bodine ever played guard?

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Give me another example of a team adding incentives that do not benefit the team in any way financially to a well paid players contract who has years left on his deal just weeks before the season.

You can't and you won't see anyone else do it.    

The media in a bigger market would have had a field day with a new regime paying off leadership to fluff the new regime's process.

They added incentives into his contract, meaning he needed to hit certain milestones to earn the extra money. It wasn’t a big deal at all.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually I think the payments to Wood and McCoy were basically hush money.     As in you guys are the vocal leaders in the locker room and you can see that we have made and want to continue to make the team less talented by ridding themselves of young players who were perhaps poorly influenced in recent seasons........all in the name of getting in people who won't question the HC........and we need you to be some of those unquestioning guys.     So here is money you wouldn't otherwise get from any other organization in the NFL.    The Bills have kinda' done things like this in the past when they were desperate.    Like the Kelsay extensions.?   In this case getting McCoy to stop his grumbling after his displeasure with the Watkins trade and Wood shitting sunshine and rainbows for McD probably helped them execute Jauron Ball at a better level early in the season to get off to that 5-2 start.    It was kinda' ridiculous though.   Teams just don't buy off already well paid leadership like that very often.  Hopefully it will yield long term results and not just one Jauron Ball back-into-playoff season.    Roster is pretty depleted.   Can use every dollar over the next few years.   

I hope you are wrong, but certainly giving Wood and McCoy incentives for 2017 would have likely been a very seamless way to get them to buy into McDermott's "process" without appearing to do so.  I, too, am suspicious that the return to Jauron Ball in 2017 might become the Bills new "norm".

On 5/27/2018 at 6:34 PM, oldmanfan said:

Hush money.  What complete drivel.

Why do you think that NFL execs/management are exempt from practicing the same kind of ruthless manipulation that we see all the time in other businesses -- and in government, organizations, and even families?  Have you never known of somebody high up a corporate food chain who used financial incentives or a strategic promotion or transfer to accomplish some goal without appearing to do so?   I'm not saying that this was the case with the Bills deals with Wood and McCoy, but it's not outside the realm of possibility, particularly with Russ Brandon at the head of the organization. 

Edited by SoTier