Johnny Manziel Hospitalized

Now you have me thinking. When we were kids the “just say no” program was a big thing and the speaker always said dope. I can’t even remember if he was talking about pot or another drug but dope was the word! If i has to guess this was 3rd-4th grade and he would come in and speak once in a while. Hmm

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Now you have me thinking. When we were kids the “just say no” program was a big thing and the speaker always said dope. I can’t even remember if he was talking about pot or another drug but dope was the word! If i has to guess this was 3rd-4th grade and he would come in and speak once in a while. Hmm

“just say no”  was as I recall more generic.  

Pot, LSD, Mescaline, Magic Shrooms, Coke, Speed was most prevalent in area. 

Of course there were many other hard drugs H and PCP but I always avoided those things. 

44 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I think "dope," was just a catch-all for any drugs.

Kind of like the classic egg/frying pan commercial - This is your brain; this is your brain on "drugs."  Totally generalized.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Kind of like the classic egg/frying pan commercial - This is your brain; this is your brain on "drugs."  Totally generalized.

That’s what I’m thinking. Mr. D was the speaker, I can almost remember his voice saying don’t smoke dope, don’t be a dope etc. 

Now I’m wondering why he didn’t say “be a Patriots fan not a Bills fan don’t be a dope” 

:lol:

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you're a coach or GM, and you flout what your employer tells you using a few million dollars of his money, you just may be an unemployed coach.

Not if you're a better team with him. Depends on the owner. Khan could care less say bortles goes down or underperforms. Anyways half the NFL kneeled that week the POTUS called out the NFL, I don't think owners feel so strongly as much.

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Free love and all that!   Flower Power!  

:thumbsup:

My older sister is here visiting, and she actually had an old brown studebaker (sp?) someone gave her that she painted up with giant flowers all over it. Hysterical! This was before the Partridge Family. She actually saw The Rolling Stones a week or two before she went to see the Beatles and thought it was good “practice”. She would run up and down the street with her friends SCREAMING, because that’s what you did when you’re a young girl WATCHING

the Beatles. (She said you couldn’t HEAR them just the girls screaming.) 

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I thought "dope," was just a catch-all for everything cool.     Man, that's Dope!!! 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

the Beatles. (She said you couldn’t HEAR them just the girls screaming.) 

If you listen to interviews of the Beatles this is why they stopped touring. They got bored cause nobody was actulaly listening or able to hear the music.