Hawaiian Eruption Imminent?

Foxx

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

?

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, new land has been created. Who does it belong to?

Me   Just bought it with meadcoin 

Edited by mead107
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It is still inside US waters so US of course. 

It is not like it is volcano in middle of unclaimed Pacific Ocean.

So the state or are there provisions built into deeds allowing for adjoining land to be claimed by the current owner? 

Edited by Cripple Creek

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So the state? 

Hawaii??

"Territorial waters or a territorial sea, as defined by the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most 12 nautical miles (22.2 km; 13.8 mi) from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of a coastal state."

Tell them the Gatekeeper sent You... ?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hawaii??

"Territorial waters or a territorial sea, as defined by the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most 12 nautical miles (22.2 km; 13.8 mi) from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of a coastal state."

Tell them the Gatekeeper sent You... ?

i'm talking about land here Gatekeeper, newly created land, but still land.

Edited by Cripple Creek

8 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, new land has been created. Who does it belong to?

Depends how much land was created and who has the best lawyers

I suspect any decent size chunk of real estate will be claimed by the state of Hawaii, studied for use, then sold off

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

i'm talking about land here Gatekeeper, newly created land, but still land.

What's your point?  Is it in territorial waters.  Those waters, the bottom is land.  Wet land.  So nothing new, except dry land (maybe) is created.

I didn't really investigate how the "baseline" thing works if the lava in the sea is above water.  The new sea bottom gets pushed further out than current 12 mile limit.

It's Hawaii.  No different than building a beach, nourishing that beach and making it bigger.  That becomes part of the state.  It's just mother nature making shoreline bigger.  I suppose it could be a problem if two countries are with the 12 mile territorial water limit... But they probably have that figured out w/International Law and riparian rights.  I would hope so!

Anyway... It's simply Hawaii. Don't sweat it.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's your point?  Is it in territorial waters.  Those waters, the bottom is land.  Wet land.  So nothing new, except dry land (maybe) is created.

I didn't really investigate how the "baseline" thing works if the lava in the sea is above water.  The new sea bottom gets pushed further out than current 12 mile limit.

It's Hawaii.  No different than building a beach, nourishing that beach and making it bigger.  That becomes part of the state.  It's just mother nature making shoreline bigger.  I suppose it could be a problem if two countries are with the 12 mile territorial water limit... But they probably have that figured out w/International Law and riparian rights.  I would hope so!

Anyway... It's simply Hawaii. Don't sweat it.

You technically work for Trump so we're not supposed to welcome you here anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

You technically work for Trump so we're not supposed to welcome you here anymore.

I work for You too.

Unless You want your $0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000008

To go elsewhere.  ?

39 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hawaii state law: the new land is state land.

Period.  End of answer.

But... If you have waterfront property.  Does it get cut off and you become landlocked... Do you get riparian rights?

Not like it will matter... Who's gonna lauch their Yacht on "pumice beach."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But... If you have waterfront property.  Does it get cut off and you become landlocked... Do you get riparian rights?

Not like it will matter... Who's gonna lauch their Yacht on "pumice beach."

Nope.  New land belongs to the state of Hawaii.  If your waterfront land ceases to be waterfront land, tough ****.

In fact, I think it's the case that if your land is completely overrun by lava, it's "new land" and becomes state property.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Nope.  New land belongs to the state of Hawaii.  If your waterfront land ceases to be waterfront land, tough ****.

In fact, I think it's the case that if your land is completely overrun by lava, it's "new land" and becomes state property.

If I understand what you're saying here, no. Based on the reading I've done since asking the question above, your land is defined by it's coordinates & they don't change. They may be higher in elevation, but the land is still yours.

The waterfront aspect of this is what got me wondering.  Suddenly your waterfront property isn't, you are now bounded by land owned by the state.

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Depends how much land was created and who has the best lawyers

I suspect any decent size chunk of real estate will be claimed by the state of Hawaii, studied for use, then sold off

All Hawaiian land is owned by state except for some from deeded families.  It is leased.

Hawaii usually leases land.  I had a timeshare which was on leased land and was told I needed to help pay renewal of leased land to state to continue to use.  I told them when we purchased we were told about the lease and would have option to pay for renewal to continue ownership but three years before renewal we were told we needed to pay ahead of time for renewal of lease and it would be refunded to us if we choose not to continue. We refused and even though we were owner they refused to let us use of timeshare so we told them we would not pay annual maintenance fee since we could not use.  They threatened to take us to court for several years and I finally wrote them to stop threatening and do it so I could start period of removing it from credit report and so I could take them to small claims court.  They finally gave up realizing we would never pay and it was costing them more in paperwork fees and laywer fees than they would get from us.