Kentucky Derby this Saturday...

ricojes

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know its early, but he #10 My Boy Jack is now 2nd choice at 5-1, from a morning line of 30-1. Hmm, be interesting to see where it goes. I like him a poop ton more at 30 BTW

I saw that this morning too. Chance of rain today. Is he a good horse in the slop?

On 5/3/2018 at 10:08 AM, ricojes said:

I like Justify and Audible at this point.

7 Justify is the favorite and has a nice gate draw

5 Audible (Most KD winners started in the 5 spot (10) )

Also, like:

11 Bolt D'Oro

16 Magnum Moon (bad draw)

14 Mendelsson

I usually play a few exacta and trifecta boxes.  ABut I may Key Audible and play some sort of exotic...

Who you got?  And what type of bets do you place?

636607732865824896-kentucky-derby-post-p

Thank you for sharing this bracket!

On 5/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, row_33 said:

used to watch it as habit

i heavily miss that generation of "degenerate" uncles and their cronies who'd scheme to get to the track for an afternoon of fun, they were the coolest ever

I think it’s a circle of life thing - you guys are now the “degenerate” uncles.   :)

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I saw that this morning too. Chance of rain today. Is he a good horse in the slop?

Jack is 1 for 1 in the wet, but his wet breeding numbers are not among the top numbers in the field.

Those would be held by 1, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 18. They all have over a 400 Tomlinson for wet. Does not mean they will be , just their bloodlines suggest they should handle a wet surface.

The 4 is 2 for 2 in the wet , actually broke his maiden on a muddy track..but both wins in his 2-year-old year, and both at very low speed numbers.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Raining pretty heavy at Churchill right now.

That track is in tip top shape always and drains very quick. I just got back home, and have not seen any races at Churchill. We review the results and watch some races coming up, see if there is any bias developing.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think it’s a circle of life thing - you guys are now the “degenerate” uncles.   :)

HAHA..feel it is my duty to introduce my nephews to all the vices me and their Dad so enjoyed together.

.boozing and tailgating...check

Handicapping..................check

How to play crap.............check

Scalping...........................check

Have a feeling they would agree with you on the degenerate part though!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

14 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Up $70 on some early races at the otb. I was talking to some people who know a lot more about horses than I do, and tjey said My Boy Jack is a strong closer. Pace is gonna be a huge factor in this race.

Good to be up!!!!!!

Jack  is a big closer,  but if the track is muddy, hard to close into the pace a lot of times. So many of the races coming up at Churchill on the turf, so can't really get a good read from them

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Good to be up!!!!!!

Jack  is a big closer,  but if the track is muddy, hard to close into the pace a lot of times. So many of the races coming up at Churchill on the turf, so can't really get a good read from them

My problem is I already placed all my bets for the derby. I knew there was a chance of rain, but i didnt know it was going to be this heavy. They just issued a flash flood warning. So goes life.....whats done is done.

29 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My problem is I already placed all my bets for the derby. I knew there was a chance of rain, but i didnt know it was going to be this heavy. They just issued a flash flood warning. So goes life.....whats done is done.

If you still at the OTB, you can always cancel em and get new numbers. If ya already home..lets hope and pray! And, race is still 2 1/2 hours away..they can get that track to dry up a ton if they get a solid hour without rain.

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, I had heard it was wet, but I just turned it on. What a mess! Attending is a bucket list item, but I’m glad it wasn’t today

So am I!

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you still at the OTB, you can always cancel em and get new numbers. If ya already home..lets hope and pray! And, race is still 2 1/2 hours away..they can get that track to dry up a ton if they get a solid hour without rain.

So am I!

I'm into the hope and pray stage. I got a few outliers in some of my exotic bets. We'll see how it plays out. It's only $. I'll be back grinding Monday  in an effort to get some more.

When I was at school in Cincinnati I had multiple opportunities to get to the Derby and the Indy 500. I’m not really into horses, cars or loud noises, but I blew that! As they say, when you reach the end of your time on earth, you are more likely to regret the things you did NOT do than the things you DID do. I always thought, “well, I’ll catch that next year.”  Idgit kid! 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I was at school in Cincinnati I had multiple opportunities to get to the Derby and the Indy 500. I’m not really into horses, cars or loud noises, but I blew that! As they say, when you reach the end of your time on earth, you are more likely to regret the things you did NOT do than the things you DID do. I always thought, “well, I’ll catch that next year.”  Idgit kid! 

It's not too late for the port a john run at the preakness.

• Haha (+1) 1

who had the super in race 10? $79K for $1!!!!! I had one of the horses. Quick note, both the 3 and 4 closed on the rail, while the pace tried to stay off the rail to avoid what looked like deeper dirt.

Track looked fine BTW..I dont think it will come into effect, especially as the rain seems to be dissipating.

Just now, Commonsense said:

My boy Jack had been bet down to 5/1 because of the rain but he is still showing as 30/1 on Bovada. I’m not familiar with horSes, if I make that bet is it subject to Change to the 5/1?

I would think if you bet at Bovada, you look the odds in if he is showing different than the track...but I truly have no clue. I always bet the horses on twinspires. But that might be a great bet and I am going there now!!!!

BTW, personal bias for me in next race, I always bet horses running on the turf out of Kris S line, and the 6 is!!!

I like the 6,10, 3 in the Woodford!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

My boy Jack had been bet down to 5/1 because of the rain but he is still showing as 30/1 on Bovada. I’m not familiar with horSes, if I make that bet is it subject to Change to the 5/1?

I dont know, but if you can lock in at 30:1, Id put down at least $100 to show.