Introducing Myself, and some Allen thoughts

welcome to this Board Anthony, and nice 1st post. Other than the retractor, I enjoyed a well written, solid take devoid of massive spelling/punctuation/grammatical errors, which several of our more infamous posters are known for.......:lol:

In all honesty, Darnold was my guy but I am pulling hard for Allen to overcome his challenges and succeed in spades. Seems like he will fit in well with the culture of WNY. Taking the contrarian view, if not Darnold I wanted Jackson (for multiple reasons)

Edited by BuffaninATL
bolded
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

The pick will likely ruin McBeane's career, and it sucks we have to wait 3-4 more years for Pegula to try again, but such is life.

...whinerific.......good Lord here we go..........1st draft, one pick and career is over......sounds like a plan.....

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

His career isn't over, 3 years to go...

....should just cut our losses NOW so he's not around to screw up 2019 draft, right?.....could package up McD & McDaboll as well......'m thinking a kumbaya rehiring reunion.....hell Buddy, Marv, Whaley, Donohole, bringing Brandon from upstairs, Dopey Dickie Jauron, Dave Wannstedt, hell even Steve Fairchild as OC.....maybe Losman as QB Coach......get r done TP.........

Well aside from my mortifying "retractor" typo, I appreciate the welcome, everyone! :lol:

Who do you have the Bills picking at 96? I kind of like Crosby or Brown if we decide to go OL. 

Probably a little early for St. Brown, but I love him as a WR prospect too.

4 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Sammy is an "advance reptilian solar being".    He came from Space.

Honestly, he might be. :D

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Welcome.

However, before we allow new posters to express opinions about current scenarios, they must first set forth their positions on the Flutie v. Johnson debate, whether Ralph meddled, the true role of Russ Brandon, and whether prior regimes can be faulted for failing to get Sammy Watkins into space.

1. Flutie.

2. Yes Ralph meddled.

3. Brandon is a figurehead who handles PR decisions. I have serious doubt he has any sort of role as a talent evaluator.

4. Eh, maybe. If Sammy could have stayed healthy and had a QB who threw him the darn ball, I think he might still be here.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sorry.  That space is occupied!

Welcome aboard...

Haha my bad, sir. Maybe I'll refer to myself as a former "dweller" instead? :lol:

Not sold on Allen, but I accept that he is their guy. I also think the Rosen post draft interview spoke volumes about why the Bills did not choose him. Allen has a world of potential, but will that potential be realized? I damn sure hope so because we haven't had a top tier starting QB since Jimbo. 

Loved the Edmunds pick. The 2nd best LB in the draft behind Roquan Smith. He will be the QB of the Defense for the next decade. Athletic freak at 6'5" 253lbs, has an elite closing burst, can cover, and he is only 19 years old. 

5 hours ago, YouGotBuffaloed said:

Hey guys, my name is Anthony and I'm one of the bloggers/writers for the official BillsMafia page. I've been a long time lurker on the site and I wanted to wait until after the draft to join because well.... It was a little messy around here, and being the opinionated person that I am, I didn't want to get sucked into more debates (of which I had my fill of on Twitter alone).

On Allen: During the draft process, I was a relatively vocal Allen retractor on Twitter. I just felt/feel that he has too much historical and analytical data against him that bodes poorly for his trajectory as a franchise signal-caller. Watching his film against both lowly and heavier competition didn't inspire much confidence in my mind either. That being said, he might not be the QB I wanted, but he is our QB now. Beane took a big swing here and Allen's success will either make or break his career as an NFL GM. All we can do now is hold out hope that the coaches can fix his glaring issues.

Whether or not you've chosen to accept what has gone down, supporters and retractors of Allen should respect each other's opinions. Can't hate a fan who can find fair, well thought-out criticisms of his game, and you can't hate the guy who wants to put their faith in our management team. At the end of the day, Allen and Allen alone will hold the keys to his fate and let's face it, we are all going to watch and root hard for him once September comes around.

Am I disappointed? Yeah, a little. I was a Rosen guy from the jump, and my heart sunk a little when we didn't pick him but I'm glad the organization got a guy that they feel comfortable with.

Side Note: The Edmunds pick was MONEY! Big fan of his.

Would love to hear all of your thoughts! GO BILLS!

Fantastic post and welcome. Make sure you continuously post the statement that its the individual that holds the keys to his fate. That statement rings tremendoisly true and many fans need constant reminding of this...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Edit your post and replace "retractor" with "detractor" and things will make more sense.

;)

The r and the d are neighbors, and he might have ducked and run after the OP.   Just a guess? 

It WAS messy around here?  Taking Allen just made this place more toxic than ever.  Everyone crying and whining and whining and crying,  wah wah wah.  People need to grow up.  I wanted Rosen too, but i’ll Enjoy it whenhe gets his next concussion.