Beane comment on the tweets

Xwnyer

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Several teams called him or his agents yesterday to ask for an explanation. Maybe teams don't put that much of a priority on nonsense like this. Maybe they prefer to look at the football side of it.

Its 2018.... and things you don’t think count can count 10 billion times more than you think

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Has anyone found out the context yet? No I would not have a problem with my kid quoting rap lyrics. Calling someone the N-word sure, but repeating song lyrics? No. Or comedy routines? Nope not that either. Sorry I refuse to out the guy as a racist when you can't even tell me what he meant by it.

Not that it is right, but that is not how media works, nor will the Bills get a pass for not knowing about the tweets even though it was a screenshot.  They will get ripped by the national media, further perpetuating the ineptitude of the franchise.  

It is pretty impossible to find the tweets if they were screen caps on some ex-girlfriends phone.  Doesn't mean they will not take any heat for not knowing. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Its 2018.... and things you don’t think count can count 10 billion times more than you think

To be fair I don't care that they didn't look at 5 year old twitter tweets. And I don't think many tweets back then would have much of an impact on him as a football player. So I'd prefer them to concentrate on football. So actually not noticing the tweets is the opposite of an inept football organization, maybe just inept PR? So who cares.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Has anyone found out the context yet? No I would not have a problem with my kid quoting rap lyrics. Calling someone the N-word sure, but repeating song lyrics? No. Or comedy routines? Nope not that either. Sorry I refuse to out the guy as a racist when you can't even tell me what he meant by it.

Pretty sure he was quoting a TV show with his teenage HS friends.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Not that it is right, but that is not how media works, nor will the Bills get a pass for not knowing about the tweets even though it was a screenshot.  They will get ripped by the national media, further perpetuating the ineptitude of the franchise.  

It is pretty impossible to find the tweets if they were screen caps on some ex-girlfriends phone.  Doesn't mean they will not take any heat for not knowing. 

:lol: I could not care less about this. Why do you care?

Just now, What a Tuel said:

To be fair I don't care that they didn't look at 5 year old twitter tweets. And I don't think many tweets back then would have much of an impact on him as a football player. So I'd prefer them to concentrate on football. So actually not noticing the tweets is the opposite of an inept football organization, maybe just inept PR? So who cares.

I'd prefer them to concentrate on football as well, which boggles the mind on how they selected Allen over Rosen.  They must not be very good at you know, football.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

To get back to the original topic, i refuse to believe that our FO didn't know about the tweets.

That is all.......carry on.

Just now, rodneykm said:

This. People need thicker skin.

Exactly.  It's the new mentality people have today, to blow everything out of proportion.

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

To get back to the original topic, i refuse to believe that our FO didn't know about the tweets.

Exactly.  Beane just didn't want to give it anymore airtime.  It was a non-issue in their minds, so why keep talking about it.

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

Beane should have said yes we knew absolutely ur the tweets last year when we started our due diligence and realized they are not indicative of who the person is.   Maybe just bad at the PR game since they had to know the question would be asked.

• Like (+1) 2

The episode that Josh Allen was quoting.

In no way to I imply this justifies or makes it acceptable. Simply putting it out there.

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these Niggas at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":)

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

Edited by timekills17
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

The episode that Josh Allen was quoting.

In no way to I imply this justifies or makes it acceptable. Simply putting it out there.

Thanx now I know why I never watched this show or other shows that people think are funny.  Guess I am an old fart 

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

If people don't think kids are making jokes like this to each other on a consistent basis, they are in for a world of hurt.

My son, when playing basketball on a team where he was the only white player, had the nickname "flashlight" and "white lightning."

Racist? I mean, it definitely was because he was a different skin color than his team mates. Offensive? Not to him or his friends on the team. 

Again - not justifying that or Allen's comments. Just that everything needs to be taken in context. 

Interesting that the people he sent the tweets to were of multiple races. Were they offended?

Just now, timekills17 said:

My son, when playing basketball on a team where he was the only white player, had the nickname "flashlight" and "white lightning."

Racist? I mean, it definitely was because he was a different skin color than his team mates. Offensive? Not to him or his friends on the team. 

Again - not justifying that or Allen's comments. Just that everything needs to be taken in context. 

Interesting that the people he sent the tweets to were of multiple races. Were they offended?

Probably not at all because this is the way our kids behave since they had such great shows like modern family, Simpson’s and other great examples of proper social conduct

6 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Probably not at all because this is the way our kids behave since they had such great shows like modern family, Simpson’s and other great examples of proper social conduct

Well, my kids didn't/don't watch either. Neither do I. 

However, you do recognize that the Modern Family clip is a parody that is showing the character's (unintentional) insensitivity.

I remember some young girls pointing out my daughter being white when at a pre-pre school age. They weren't commenting to be racist, just making a factual statement. 

ALSO however, my kids and I are intelligent and aware enough not to use potentially racist terminology even in jest or without racist intent. 

Edited by timekills17

6 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

Well, my kids didn't/don't watch either. Neither do I. 

However, you do recognize that the Modern Family clip is a parody that is showing the character's (unintentional) insensitivity.

I remember some young girls pointing out my daughter being white when at a pre-pre school age. They weren't commenting to be racist, just making a factual statement. 

ALSO however, my kids and I are intelligent and aware enough not to use potentially racist terminology even in jest or without racist intent. 

Not to mention the product of tv shows identifying and make fun of the unintentional insensitivity then kids do the same but then one up each other. The idea that Allen hates black people or thinks he is superior as a result of this is so absurd it makes me laugh anytime people try to talk about it as a problem.

Edited by What a Tuel