What are your ya'll's thoughts on Marcus Mariota as a Franchise QB?

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Mariota played really well in their playoff win, so he's overcome 1 major hurdle. We won't know how good he can be if he keeps getting hurt every though.

He was a 3 and out artistE in that game against NE.  Positively Tyrod-like :D

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not sold... don’t think he’s a guy that can carry the franchise.   If we had him, we’d be on the fence hoping to see more upside, but man- he’s been at it for long enough now... o think he’s plateaued 

id be disappointed 

I'd rather have Dalton or Flacco, but thats me.

18 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I share some of your concerns, but he was really banged up last year ( https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/marcus-mariota-reportedly-battling-hamstring-ankle-injuries-may-need-surgery/ ) and it greatly affected his mobility.

Honestly - thats fair.  I just don't see superstar when I watch him play.

19 hours ago, dneveu said:

Plays like Tyrod Taylor with more turnovers. They've invested in playmakers - something we never did under Tyrod - and his numbers don't show any real improvement.  They have built a really good offensive line - and still no real breakout. 

They rolled an offense with Walker, Decker, Matthews, Davis, Murray, and Henry.  They have Lewan Conklin and Kline in a strong o-line... And he went for 3200 yards 13 TDs and 15 INTs.  

I think some of that can be attributed to playing under Mularkey in a conservative offense, so we'll see if he can improve under Vrabel and the Coordinator they pulled from the Rams.  He seems to struggle with rhythm passing, and his timing in general just looked off whenever I watched him.  Same went for Wentz in 2016, and he looked vastly improved in 2017, so it's certainly possible he can improve.

It's funny, over the past 3 years they are within 1 start of each other (43 vs 42), 31 total yards of each other (9,772 vs 9,803), and 2 total TDs of each other (65 vs 67), but one has 20 turnovers and the other has 46.

20 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

He’s good. Real good. Now that Mularkey is gone he will be great. Coaching is big in this. Just look at Goff. 

Great point ! We all saw what Mularkey did while he was here & how a couple of QB's that the Bills had "could have" been better than they were with a better coach leading them . 

Some coaches just don't know how to coach QB's like Jauron, Fisher & others !!