Drafttek Mock

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Pick 12:  Baker Mayfield

22 Rashaan Evans

2nd round pick  Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina

James Washington, WR from Oklahoma State

3rd round pick Uchenna Nwosu, OLB from USC

Anthony Averett CB from Alabama

That would be a ridiculous draft. Franchise-altering to say the least.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would flip the F out in a great way if this was our draft.  First 4 pics of Baker, Evans, Hurst, and Washington would be SIIIICCCKKKK.  

Too bad we are probably trading all those picks to go get one player.  

Because that draft will never happen.

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....what would be the reason(s) in your view that Mayfield falls to 12?........some mocks have him in the top 5...why such a difference?.....

I didnt say he would...the OP asked what we thought of that mock draft, not the probability of it happening.  My comments are strictly based on how I would feel if the draft fell that way per their original question.  And I would love it.

Personally, I think its possible Baker could slide if Giants and Broncos BOTH don't go QB, because that leaves only 2 teams drafting a QB in the top 5, or even top 10 (Jets and Browns).  So for Baker to go top 10, someone is going to have to trade up to get him...but, lets say Allen and Darnold go to Browns and Jets, that team could be trading up to get Rosen or Baker at that point.  Then if they took Rosen, it would take a 2nd team to trade up for Baker to go top 10.

I also think if Baker is on the board at 11, Miami takes him.  So in the end, I don't think there is much plausibility to this mock draft, but it is possible Baker makes it to 12, albeit a low possibility.  But none of that matters to the question of the OP...which was how would we feel about this particular mock draft. 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

If the Bills trade with the Giants I agree with you that most of our high picks will be dealt to move up. But that isn't what I see happening. There is a good chance that either Mayfield or Rosen will still be on the board in the 6-10 range. The Bills could make a move up by trading both of their firsts and still have more than a full draft of picks to use. The team to watch is the Colts. We can get a deal done with them that benefits them with our two first round picks. If you factor in the deal with the Jets for multiple second round picks then the Colts can come away with a lot of high round picks that could give their new HC and GM a terrific roster boost. In this scenario I see the Bills selecting Rosen. I would be happy with that scenario playing out. 

This is what I think too and what I am HOPING for.  I don't believe the Giants will take a QB if they stay at 2, and I also do not believe the Broncos will take a QB at 5.  I think if the Giants keep the pick, they will take either Barkley or Chubb.  And I expect the Broncos to take Nelson or Minkah (or trade down).  

If that is the case, only Jets and Browns are going QB in top 5, leaving probably Rosen, Baker, Lamar, and Mason on the board at 6.  At that point, Colts and Bucs become a big trade partner and I think we would pounce on it to go get who ever they liked out of Rosen or Baker (I think its Baker and I want it to be Baker).  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I check Drafttek every week or so.  Like any other mock, it's a crap shoot.  But they go all seven rounds.  And they have lots of information on pretty much all the players in the country.

Anyway, this is how they see the first 3 rounds for our Beloved Bills:

Pick 12:  Baker Mayfield

22 Rashaan Evans

2nd round pick  Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina

James Washington, WR from Oklahoma State

3rd round pick Uchenna Nwosu, OLB from USC

Anthony Averett CB from Alabama

I love Mayfield.  I hope they get him  

Does anybody have thoughts?  I can delete this thread if it annoys people.

My money's on Mayfield getting eaten ALIVE by an NFL Defense... A-LIVE...  Every short QB who had college success won't turn out like Russell Wilson.