What (non QB) position would you pick if guaranteed the GOAT?

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Edge Rusher.  The NFL is about getting a franchise QB and getting to the franchise QB.

A dominant pass rushes causes all sorts of issues for offenses and makes every aspect of your defense that much better. If you have an excellent pass rushes all you need is a handful of other good defensive players to have playoff caliber defense. A WR and LT are too dependent on a QB to be successful and a RB has a short shelf life. 

The Browns had Joe Thomas one of the best Left Tackles of all time and because he had no one of quality to protect they never had more than 1 winning season with JT. Calvin Johnson never sustained any success until Stafford came along. A lock down corner is a weapon but has limited impact in the ground game. I think a dominant pass rushes that also sets an edge in the ground attack really is a lynchpin to any defense. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do value top flight corners higher than you do but I don't have them above my franchise left tackle.  My order probably goes:

1 - QB

2 - LT

3 - EDGE

4 - #1CB

5 - #1WR

6 - C

7 - DT (interior pass rush type)

8 - MLB

I feel like any team that has those 8 pieces solidified and in place is gonna be a major Championship contender. I'm quite willing to fill out the rest of my roster with street FAs and one contract mid round draft picks if I feel good about those 8. 

Mine would resemble yours except that I would place CB at #7 just above MLB.