Get creative in trade with Giants: Include OBJ and Hughes

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Given the price paid by the Jets (which was too much IMHO),  just including draft picks from this year is never going to clinch it in a trade-up with the Giants. Clearly the sticking point will be the inclusion of next year's #1. I am wondering if a trade like this will get the job done.

Bills trade #12, #22, # 53, #56, next year's #1 and Jerry Hughes  for #2, and OBJ.

Giants get a replacement for JPP. And anyway, they are shopping OBJ. By trading him to the Bills, they at least keep him out of the NFC. Bills, besides getting their QB of the future (not named Darnold)  make up for their loss of extra draft capital by instantly turning their wideout weakness into strength with OBJ. With the abundance of cap space next year, they can easily structure an OBJ extension. And given OBJ's price, it is not like they have a steal going forward with him. It is not like the last four years. It gives them considerable Cap breathing room as well. 

OBJ, is a Randy Moss, in his early troublesome years + the injuries...pass! ....

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Like how McCoy was?

This culture stuff is BS.  Personally, I don’t want Beckham. He is too much. But gimme a break with this stuff.  We had a Jauron type season and got completely lucky. It’s awesome but these team needs serious talent because they got rid of a lot.  Now we have stone handed wrs trying to fight their brother naked not getting disciplined. 

McCoy was here before McD and the only elite talent on the team. He'd also never been in real trouble.. close tho. McD is up at 5am MMA training. He's a different breed. Look at who he was willing to part with. I don't believe our team should be made of choir boys but being perceptive it's not hard to see that his expectations of conduct are higher on a moral ground than a lot of coaches. There's a lot to Zays situation we have no idea about.  The league isn't disciplining him, the police aren't... why do you think the Bills need to? 

Certainly not against this idea out of the gate; I think the price the OP lists is too much. 12/22/Hughes and 2019 2nd for #2 overall and OBJ sounds about right. Leaves the Bills with capital in the second round for offensive line help, possibly a linebacker. Two teams move inherited contracts, cure internal needs, roughly equal contracts. 

I'm 100% in the culture camp, happy we dropped some talent last year to get to something bigger. But this is the same organization that drafted two rather troubled pasts last year in Vallejo and Dawkins. 

Game changer. Patriot killer. He makes Eli Manning watchable, and that's not easy. He turns the WR group from suspect to Tier 1, among the best in football. Benjamin opposite OBJ ... with Zay in the slot. 

He has the support of his teammates. So driven to win and upset at a loss that he began to redesign a visitor's dressing room after a loss. Passionate. You are getting him probably at a massive discount to value. His peers list him as a top 10 player in the NFL and if you can get him at a discount to value, you could be rewarded big time. 

Combining the top WR with the top RB and a top TE just might make you able to hide Turnstile Mills. Nothing I like better than getting a motivated player on the last year of a contract and if required, you have the cap space to keep him. 

There's a lot to like about taking the offense from the bottom to the top. I'll admit I haven't followed his career, but ... you put a talented, mobile triggerman behind center (Mayfield) and add OBJ, you certainly have swagger.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:46 PM, kdiggz said:

It will take at least 1 full season for the QB to prove he is any good and deserving of that kind of respect. Year 1 is growing pains and figuring things out. Year 2 is when you are expecting to win

And you think WRs dont have a two year outlook when signing an extension?