Lauletta or Rudolph? Who is the better prospect?

PIZ

I'm not confident the Bills will get 1 of the top 4, or even 5 (Jackson?).  If the big 4 are gone at 12, they'll probably go defense and get a top prospect.

So then they'll be considering a QB from the second tier, at 22 or the second round.

I've seen both of these guys as considerations for the Bills from the draft guys.  One I read said the Bills realllllly liked both of these guys.  They are talented and have the intangibles the Bills look for.

I'm not a draft expert, but some of you may be.  

1.). Which one is more talented?  Bigger arm, pocket presence, accuracy, etc.?

2.). Which one is a better fit for the Bills?

Oh Lauletta by far for me. Rudolph is a spread QB with a strong arm who didn’t face much competition in the big 12z

i know Lauletta comes from a small school and didn’t exactly face any tough teams, himself. But he has all the tools to be successful to me. Nice and calm footwork and deadly accuracy. Accuracy is my favorite trait in a QB because you need it to be successful at the next level.

Lauletta is a guy who can come in and sit..develop behind a vet just as Jimmy G did and then put it all together. 

Rudolph, to me, is a flashier Bryce Petty.

to properly answer your question though..

Rudolph by far has the stronger arm, Lauletta has the better pocket presence and accuracy.(probably the most accurate passer behind Rosen.) 

and Lauletta is the better fit for the Bills. If you are going to be bringing in a Perkins style offense...Lauletta is your guy and someone I would be excited to have on my team if I was the Bills.

Edited by Patriot Killa

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good question.  I don't know either.  And for your draft experts/people who watch more college FB than us, how does Mike White compare also?  

Prototypical size and played the spread with various different pro style play calling sprinkled in.

Not nearly as polished as far as footwork and pocket presence goes but I have a lot more hope for White than Rudolph who was purely a spread QB. He was a “see it, throw it” type player and didn’t have to go through many progressions.

With that said, Mike White is a interesting prospect to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

FWIW, the University of Richmond football coach was on local radio here a few weeks back and said that he is hoping that Kyle Lauletta goes to the Pats*. Said that he compares Lauletta to Jimmy Garoppolo and would fit perfectly with Belichick.

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

FWIW, the University of Richmond football coach was on local radio here a few weeks back and said that he is hoping that Kyle Lauletta goes to the Pats*. Said that he compares Lauletta to Jimmy Garoppolo and would fit perfectly with Belichick.

Not sure what would hurt more.....

..... Jets jumping to #3 and taking Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen, when that should have been the Bills pick.  Then their pick becomes a Pro Bowler who takes them to the Super Bowl.

or

..... Patriots trading up in whatever round to draft Kyle Lauletta in front of the Bills because they got word the Bills were going to take him.  Then he becomes the next Jimmy G and replaces Brady when he retires, and the Pats don't skip a beat.

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Not sure what would hurt more.....

..... Jets jumping to #3 and taking Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen, when that should have been the Bills pick.  Then their pick becomes a Pro Bowler who takes them to the Super Bowl.

or

..... Patriots trading up in whatever round to draft Kyle Lauletta in front of the Bills because they got word the Bills were going to take him.  Then he becomes the next Jimmy G and replaces Brady when he retires, and the Pats don't skip a beat.

That's like asking if you'd rather be shot or stabbed. That being said...

To me , it's scenario #2. 

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

STRENGTHS

Throwing With Anticipation

The hallmark of Tom Brady’s game and the Patriots’ offense over the last 18 seasons has been throwing with anticipation over the middle of the field. What that means is throwing the ball to a spot downfield knowing that the receiver will eventually be there and catch the football. That takes a combination of accuracy, trust in your receivers, and the ability to anticipate the openings in a specific coverage. Lauletta checks all three boxes, and you see him making throws like the two plays shown above on a regular basis.

Edited by PIZ

12 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Tbh it’s eire how similar Lauletta is to Jimmy G. Both weren’t regarded highly until after the season. Both went to the East/West Shrine game, Senior Bowl, ect. Both have similar skill sets, both were/are in position to be picked up by the Patriots rather easily.

difference is the Pats don’t have 2-3 years for him to sit behind Brady like Jimmy did......or do they? 

Hoping that Brady retires after next season. I can’t see this dragging out much longer.

Edited by Patriot Killa

Wilson, Ben, Brady, Watson, Cousins, Brees, Garrapolo, Carr, Rodgers, Prescott, and to a lesser extent Foles, Keenum, Flacco, and Dalton.  All QBs taken outside the top 10, most outside of round 1.  Granted for every success story, there are 20 busts/flops, but still more than enough starting calibre and elite QBs are drafted all over the place.  Give up the farm and hope you land a Wentz, but with this draft class, you are just as likely to end up with an RG3 instead.  

I rather they follow the BPA formula for round 1, especially at pick 12 with so many holes on this team.  

pick 22, BPA again, possibly Jackson here.

2nd/3rd Rd Lauletta.

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not a QB freak but if they like one of these guys they shouldn't screw around and hope he drops to two, and open a door for the Pats.  Just go with him at 22.  

And given we went out and paid Lotuleilalelo to play DT we might as well get Laluelaleletletta too.

i agree with this. i mean, if you are in a position where you can't trade up to get your guy, and there is nobody left at 12 you like, just take the guy at 22 and roll the dice. don't get cute. if you like him, take him. if he turns into something, great. if he sucks...you didn't trade 9 picks for him and you can try again very soon. 

and as far as the laulettulelei...now that's just plain fun!

• Like (+1) 1