THE GREAT DEBATE: Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?

Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?

• YES! he was a good FA signing
    • NO! he was not a good FA signing

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

All good man.... I like talking Bills with my friends in real life.  It seems like there are hot-button topics that we feel strongly about (sometimes end up in debates) but it's always a lively situation.  I think it's fun to bring those topics to this board

But was he worth the contract they paid him.  He was paid as the top defensive plater in the NFL at the time.  Did anyone ever consider Mario as the best defensive player in the NFL?  I don't think so

just thought he made us contenders that year, money or no money. I'll repeat Fitz gets us to a playoffs 50/50 chance. That's by far the e/bst Bills Defense I ever watched closely. Kind of made me think of Fitz having his great breakout season with that loaded Jets front 7 (didn'y get knocked out of the playoffs by the Bills?) That must have sucked. But we know worse luck I'm sure.

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

When we’re done here, can we please talk about Jordan Palmer’s time with the team.

No because no one cares about those topics.  I post topics that Bills fans feel passionate about, and it most cases feel differently from fan-to-fan

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

OFFSEASON topics. what else do we talk about besides 20 threads per QB. Just a fun discussion.

Have fun.  I'm only giving him crap for his response to me.  Besides, the kids' table needs to understand Bills' history. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Are you lonely at home? It feels like you might be lonely.

are you lonely taking the time to post that? And yea I'm lonely I'm super hung over.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Have fun.  I'm only giving him crap for his response to me. 

lol know that game. Try to apologize. you're my legit TBD MVP

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I voted yes, but the more I think about it I should have voted no.  I think it turned out alright, he played great for several years and it wasn't too expensive to part ways.  I think it worked out a little better than the expected value when they made the deal.

Our Dline was the only thing that made the Bills watchable for at least two years.

I voted no because I never think it's wise to give a massive contract (100 million) to anybody other then a quarterback.  It's better than the Dareus contract because Williams had a few good seasons, but he still wasn't worth that much.  We did need pass rush help though and it's not his fault Bryce Brown fumbled at the 1 yard line against the Chiefs.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Have fun.  I'm only giving him crap for his response to me.  Besides, the kids' table needs to understand Bills' history. :lol:

respect the young bloods, we don't want constantly hear about how great it was to have Jim and co. making 4 SBs. If anything, we're the diehard fans being raised on the MCM and still sticking around.

Toeing the line here, of course I love Jim and co. I have a prized autograph from Bruce Smith,

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I voted no because I never think it's wise to give a massive contract (100 million) to anybody other then a quarterback.  It's better than the Dareus contract because Williams had a few good seasons, but he still wasn't worth that much.  We did need pass rush help though and it's not his fault Bryce Brown fumbled at the 1 yard line against the Chiefs.

Yeah I agree with you here.  I wouldn't call the deal a bust, but I never thought that Mario played like the best defender in the NFL as he was paid to do.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:
whinge
(h)winj/
BRITISHinformal
verb

1. 1.
    complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way.
    "stop whingeing and get on with it!"
noun

1. 1.
    an act of complaining.

Good self description since my initial post here didn't quote you.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Not much of a debate, Mario was a beast for us for a couple of years. Solid signing. Rex ruin him.

You are in the minority, because when you take a look at the polls its nearly split 50/50.  

There's no doubt Mario had a few great seasons, but keep in mind he was the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.  Do you really feel that his performance lived up to that monster contract?